It's undoubted, Vikram Bhatt's 1920(2008) was a big hit and Adnan Sami composed some hit melodious tracks for the film like 'Vaada Tumse Hai Vaada'. '1920 Evil Returns' is thse sequel of Vikram Bhatt's 1920 and this time music is composed by Chirantan Bhatt who also composed music for Vikram Bhatt's Haunted 3D, So the expectations are rightly sky high. The album is full of fresh melodies and delighful tracks, It is Chirantan Bhatt's another succulent album. Hit!
1. Album starts with a very beautiful song with supple and docile romantic feel "Apnaa Mujhe Tu Lagaa" perfectly rendered by the king of cord Sonu Nigam. Entrancing sound of piano begins the song and Sonu Nigam's engaging vocals proudly leads the song with soft stringed guitar strumming. Chirantan Bhatt superbly arranged the synchronization of high and low notes with efficacious lyrics penned by Shakeel Azmi. Very nice start for the album, also the video is more attractive features Sonu Nigam expressively. A very catchy melody with pertinent use of guitar, strings, piano and drum. Very Nice!
2. We can feel Chirantan Bhatt's pleasing touch in next track "Uska Hi Banana" sung by Arijit Singh, a very passionate and smashing track which easily get your attention and successfully delivers the sentiment. Very soulful lyrics and well-turned musical arrangements. Arijit's well-balanced voice finely suits on melody and he has done a terrific job. Song nicely tells the emotions and situations of Jaidev Verma(Aftab Shivdasani) and his feelings towards Smruti(Tia Bajpai). Must Listen!
3. After Tum Ho Mera Pyaar(Haunted) Chirantan Bhatt brings back K.K. with a very delightful track "Jaavedaan Hai" sung by K.K. & Suzanne D'mello. Song starts with melodious sound of flute mixed with acoustic guitar, and beautiful opera touch. Very soft and sweet composition with pleasing lyrics, soft drum kicks and enthralling orchestrations. K.K. spectacularly leads the song and sung sweetly, Suzanne D'mello tunably rendered her part. Recommended!
4. Here we have another surprise, after a very long time Mahalakshmi Iyer is back with next track "Khud Ko Tere" sung by Mahalakshmi Iyer. it's another melodious track in the album with lucrative and volition feel. A traditional bollywood melody and savory lyrics. Song begins with sonorous sound of violin, bland sound of dholak and peaceful beats makes song more stunning. Another best part is Mahalakshmi Iyer's mesmerizing vocal and she sung with perfection. An ear soothing track!
5. "Majboor Tu Bhi Kahin" sung by Amit Mishra, It's a sad song with so much variations in beats, Chirantan Bhatt perfectly used acoustic guitar and strings to give desired pace to the song and beautifully maintained the synchronization in each section especially in 'antaraa'. And the credit goes to Amit Mishra's mesmerizing vocal and his promising performance, he teetotally sung all the variations, very nice experiment by Chirantan. Nice!
Music Director- Chirantan Bhatt;
Lyricist- Shakeel Azmi, Junaid Wasi & Manoj Yadav ;
Rating- 3.5/5 ;
Recommended Songs- Apnaa Mujhe Tu Lagaa, Uska Hi Banana, Jaavedaan Hai, Khud Ko Tere .
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --