3G: Good, Goluptious, Garish.
Music Review Of "3G" By Sumit Sharma.
Indian thriller and horror films always bring fresh music, and 3G is a medley of both. Famous Music Composer/Singer Mithoon is back after some superhit albums Bas Ek Pal, Anwar, The Train, Aggar, Tuhi Mere Rab Ki Tarah Hai, & Lamhaa, and he has composed a complete album after a very long time( Composed two songs for 'Murder 2', one song for 'Jism 2' in 2011 & 2012 respectively). Also very beautiful and talented fashion model/actress Sonal Chauhan is making her debut as a singer with this film. So naturally there are high expectations from the movie as well as its music. The album is full of fresh, pleasant, ardent tracks. HIT!
1. Album begins with a very soft, sweet and romantic melody "Kaise Bataaoon" prettily rendered by K.K. & Sonal Chauhan. Yes! it's Sonal Chauhan behind the mic and she has done tremendous job in her debut song, Mithoon bonnily maintains the demulcent zone of the track with pertinent and staid medley of soft drum kicks and tender acoustic guitar. K.K. has again proved his stupendous singing skills through his magical voice. Sonal Chauhan's dulcet singing sweetly captivate with her calmative vocals. Song is very nice but the main melody is inspired(100%) by 'Angel' from the movie Angel (2011). Must Listen!
2. Next track merges three brilliant singers and their immaculate singing genres, "Khalbali" sung by Arijit Singh, Tochi Raina & Shilpa Rao. It's a fully energized track with perfect blend of softening and restful elements, Mithoon used each second brilliantly and crafted an ardent melody, effectual guitar and claps, fluctuations in almost all the parts is just perfect, Shilpa Rao beautifully starts the song and her mellifluent part(02:34-03:09) is truly luminous, Arijit Singh's alluring vocals and emphatic singing easily sustain the fervor of the track, Tochi Raina's efficacious vocals and dominant singing is the exceptional part of the track. Very strenuous, zealous and wholly positive lyrics penned by well known lyricist Shellee, which is another best part of the song. Euphoria!
Aarzooyen sang lekar, Khwab phir jo ude..
Thaame tera yaar daaman, Yaar daaman phir se..
Gaye bhool jo lamhe, woh dard ke pal the..
Behtar ab din ho kal ke kal ke..
Kis tarah se tera ab shukr adaa ho, Teri nazar karam ke sad ke sad ke..
3. "Bulbulliya" is another influential track rendered by Adnan Sami, the song describes the situation of preoccupied protagonist. Adnan Sami sung very well, nice composition with some traditional instruments, lyrics and the way of warble perfectly shows the uneasiness and solitude. It's a situational track and you will like it on screen. Mediocre!
4. "Kaise Bataaoon (Cantabile)" sung by Abhishek Nailwal, it's another soft version of the track 'Kaise Bataaoon', as the name tells it's a cantabile version combines soft and soothing singing of lead vocalist with chorus and supportive choir vocals works as instrument or a linear arrangement of vocals to form a particular musical line against the accompaniment. Abhishek Nailwal's gleeful voice and sonorous singing is awesome, a truly fresh and melodious track. Recommended!
5. "Khalbali (Punjabi)" sung by Tochi Raina, it's a punjabi version of the track 'Khalbali', the projection of song is totally different from the original one. Musical arrangements are similar but the lyrics make the track distinct, original song is truly enthusiastic and zealous while this version contains solemn perception. Very germane and impressive lyrics penned by Sonu Kakkar, Tochi Raina leads the song and he has done great job. Nice!
6. "3G (Theme)", it's an instrumental track which starts with sound of mobile phone's ring and tik-tok sound of clock, highly influential strings and chorus, blatant drum kicks everything is nice, it's an average track but very effective(you will realize it during the film). Thumping!
Music Director- Mithoon;
Lyricist- Shellee, Mithoon & Sonu Kakkar;
Rating- 3.5/5 ;
Recommended Songs- Kaise Bataaoon, Khalbali, Kaise Bataaoon (Cantabile).
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --