As Thrill as Acid!
Now just imagine you have a glass tube of acid in your hand and you pouring it in a table slowly, slowly, drop by drop; a little bit of smoke comes out, but you will not be able to feel what the real acid is. And then when you increase your level of pouring, gently with a slightly pace; you see the bubble comes out, a little bit of sensation comes in the mind about the thrill of acid. And then finally when the climax comes you pour it fully to the last drop, and now you will able to feel and sense it what the real acid is!
The story of the film is exactly the same. Till mid, you will an average kind of film but just after the interval the lift goes from the ground floor to the direct top floor, and at the time of climax you guys definitely will not move a single inch from your seat.
The film starts of with the cops having a plan to arrest a known gangster “Qaiser” (Irfaan Khan). They decided to assign an under cover cop who will join their team and will arrest “Qaiser” red handed. Now “Qaiser” and his team had made up a plan to kidnap a business tycoon and allot from him a good amount of ransom money. His team includes all the know characters which are there in the film, including that under cover cop and excluding the Asst. Commissioner Gulshan Grover. They all did kidnapped and was taken into an Acid Factory. But just because of some acidic leakage they all went into a temporary amnesia state and now nobody knows who’s who, what’s their name, what’s their identity, who’s the kidnapper and who’s the person who was kidnapped.
The director has presented us the story in a very creatively presented intercut way. Two scenes from the past; and two scenes from the current amnesia state, where all guys are locked up in an Acid Factory. Again two scenes from the past and two scenes from the current. But this only till mid, after interval it’s all current action. By this the director had designed it successfully so that finally you will definitely scratch your head by getting desperate to know who’s who actually till mid interval. A bravo work done by the Director and The Editor.
So now before rating this movie, lets discuss some plus points and minus points of this film.
1. Spectacular performance by all of them, especially Manoj Bajpai, you will definitely like him.
2. It’s a definite typically Sanjay Gupta film, he has proved it again.
3. Remarkable intercut design.
4. Very thrilling background music.
5. Simple story design it in a very gripping way.
6. The film will serve you more than whatever you have expected.
7. Impressive editing and Magnificent Cinematography.
1. When you will come out of the theatre, you will feel that many things were not original. For ex. If the people inside the acid factory were under a temporary memory loss state, then they must have something or the other in their pockets like wallets, cell phones, etc to describe their identity, as all of them were wearing suits, blazers, coats.
2. Gulshan Grover was talking in Pure Hindi to the white body cops and they were understanding also, strange!
3. Many Police Gangster chase was looking nice but also felt very illogical and unreal. For ex. The tunnel scene where Irfaan escapes from Police, Manoj Bajpai crashing down the cars and escapes from Police, and etc.
Till now in total 7 plus points and 3 minus points. Not bad actually! And now before rating this movie I would definitely like to say again fro this movie, Not bad actually to watch!
Rating: 3.5 / 5 – It’s a definite good one-time watch.