Atithi.... Watch it on any tithi!
After writing the scripts of Krazzy 4 & One Two Three, Ashwini Dhir came up with another comedy film named as ''Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge''. Also after directing his debu film in Krazzy 4, this is his second film in directional department. Though Krazzy 4 was not so appreciated, also was not so entertaining. And same was as in this film. At times the film was so boring, but at times the film does entertain us.
Story is very simple, and plus copied, sorry, I mean inspired or adapted from one play. Ajay & Konkana are happily married couple with having a small child in their life. As they were having no relatives, so naturally no guests were coming at their premises. They all were wishing that once in their life some guest would come in their home and they get a chance to serve the guests their hospitality. Now that day arrived, Paresh Rawal came from the village and declared as Uncle of Ajay Devgan, some far long relatives of his dad. And now the entertainment begins by this uncle of Ajay Devgan is typically behaving like a village man in an urban city, and by how Ajay and his family were fed up by their unknown guests through his nature who had visited their house without invitation.
This tragedy in Ajay Devgan’s family became the comedy for the audience.
The story idea was good, not something new but can be made this old topic in a very interesting way. So in short, the screenplay of this film can be made even better than this, but still it was a good entertaining film in parts.
Since it was a very low budget film and it was completed in a very short period of time, 4 months, I guess a standing applause must be given to all the cast and the crew members, plus a salute to the captain of the ship, Ashwini Dhir.
1. Delivering a good piece of product in a very short period of time.
2. Though the screenplay was not a water tight product, but still it managed to entertain and laugh.
3. Music done by Pritam & Others was good and BGM were suitable.
4. Performance given by Ajay and Paresh Rawal. Simply outstanding.
5. Some touching moments, touching scenes as well as funny scenes, and also teaching good values.
1. First half was somewhat boring, and some part of the screenplay was dull.
2. Konkana delivered an Ok performance, but sometimes it was being seen that she was doing a bit over-acting.
Watch it once on any tithi…because any Atithi is good for short time only!
*** / *****