Somebody has said it very right, “It’s not the Film, it’s an Experience!”
As a pakka Bollywood fan, you might remember one film “Safari”, starring Sanjay Dutt, Juhi Chawla and others. While watching this film, I suddenly recollected that movie and at the end realized that the story is nothing but more or less the same. If you had watched the movie, then somewhere you would agree with me. In “Safari” Juhi was from the Sky City and later joined with the Forest people, and here our Hero is from the Sky City and later joined with the Forest alien peoples.
So in short, James Cameron presents our Bollywood movie “Safari” in purely Hollywood Ishtyle!
It’s about from the era called 2154, where Humans have their own different world, called as “Sky City” and the aliens have their own world, somewhere far in the forest. Human scientists have invented some kind of false body, just like Aliens, where they can transmit their soul in that false body and go there deep inside that forest and can research more about the aliens and their world. Now our Hero, Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), who is physically handicapped by legs (but all’s well in the false body), is been lost in that Forest mistakenly while doing research with their Colleagues and Scientist Dr. Grace (Sigourney Weaver). Then in a night by saving himself from the wild animals out there in Jungle, he was saved by the real Alien Girl, Neytiri (Zoe Saldana), who belongs to the Tribal family out there, and also is the daughter of the Chief. These Tribal alien peoples somewhat rule that Forest, “Aadivasi” in our Bollywood language. Jake somehow explained them that he is one of them and wanted to be in the family. After giving some tests and exams, he was finally in. Later he was giving each and every detail to their researcher department. But at the end, when spending so much time with these tribal alien people, he and his some colleagues (Including that scientist Dr. Grace) have realized that it will be wrong to destroy the forest, as the forest and trees is only their home. But then later the researcher department had send their military teams to destroy it, Jake was fighting against their own team, result he was along with some of his supportive colleagues were house arrest, and there, the militants have destroyed their homes and killed many alien people.
This was just the first half, the real magic starts from the second half, when Jake and his team ran away from the prison, and decided to help the Alien people by fighting against the Sky City people, not in the Avatar of Human beings, but in the Avatar of Aliens. And the real war begins now!
1. Major One! Graphics, CGI Effects, 3D Effects, whatever you may call, but it’s just OUTSTANDING! After watching it you can just simply say that _____ Sorry, I am Totally Speechless! So Real, So Amazing, Very Imaginative, and all just I can say is that it’s Worth watching, or else you have Highly missed something.
2. Another Major One is the Directorship. We all must be proud to have such a Multitalented Director, which for him, Nothing is Impossible! I Salute James Cameron!
3. As I already said, story of the film is nothing new, but some part or portions of the screenplay were simply astounding. Check out my favorite scenes below.
4. Rest of the plus points is all included such as great performances given by all, very powerful music given, Editing, Cinematography, everything is just so brilliantly done.
Minus Points: (Yeah there are Minus one too)
1. Major One! The 250 Million Dollar Movie! 1-2-0-0 Crore Rupees. One of my friend has said it very right, with this amount of money, whole African nation can be feed for or month or so.
As per my verdict: Who said it to make a movie costing so much tons of dollars? Barack Obama said?
2. Another one is it’s a little bit of over stretchy run time (it’s about almost 2hr 30mins). The first half is too long (almost 1hr 30mins). I was literally starving for Interval to come. A little more drama, few unnecessary scenes, and a bit stretchy of the whole tribal-issue.
My favorite scenes:
1. Check out the scene where very first time the Sky City People with the help of the Military are destroying their homes, and demolishing that Big Tree! (Most of you will feel very-very Sad))
2. Check out the scene where our hero Jake giving Speech to the entire Alien people, motivating them, encouraging them, leading them, Outstanding!
3. And finally check out the Climax War between Aliens, including Jake and his team, against the Sky City people. (Something Exceptional and make sure you had visited washroom during Interval)
If you can afford then watch it sure in IMAX, otherwise Shut Down you Computer, move to your nearest theatre, and watch it again in 2D.
Rating: 4.5 / 5