Music Review Of "Barfi!" By Sumit Sharma.
Jannat 2, Agent Vinod, Ferrari Ki Sawaari, Cocktail, after these Superhit albums of 2012 the Masterblaster of Bollywood Music Industry Pritam is back with another SUPERHIT album. This album is definitely one of Pritam's best albums, full of fresh, joyful, melodious, emotive and goluptious tracks.
A Perfect Album!
Recommended Songs- Ala Barfi, Main Kya Karoon, Kyon, Phir Le Aya Dil (Reprise), Aashiyan, Saawali Si Raat .
1. Album starts with a very mischievous and funny track "Ala Barfi" superbly rendered by Mohit Chauhan, song starts with sweet whistle and flute, pleasing sound of accordion and guitar used very prodigiously by Pritam. After 'Masakalli'(Delhi-6) and 'Kuku Duku'(Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi) Mohit Chauhan once again does a lot of onomatopoeia singing, with all the gudgud and budbud sounds, of diving, sinking, bubbles, etc. The best part of the song is Swanand Kirkire's mischievously flowing wordings, especially the Antara which tells about the sentimental situations of ‘Murphy’ in a very comic way. Ranbir's character in the film is actually named Murphy, but because he is deaf and mute and the lip movement of ‘Murphy’ and ‘Barfi’ seems similar, his name gets changed to Barfi, which is the title of the movie. A perfect song for the film. Chartbuster!!
2. After a superhit melodious romantic track 'Mere Bina'(Crook: It's Good To Be Bad), next track "Main Kya Karoon" is another captivating song with breezy melody very euphonically rendered by Nikhil Paul George. Very soft musical arrangements of acoustic guitar, strings, and mouth organ. Ashish Pandit penned very pleasurable lyrics and song is brilliantly picturised in the video. A lovely petal soft romantic track with delightful lyrics. Pritam's another beautiful romantic composition. Must Listen!
3. "Kyon" is the freshest composition in the album, it's simply a retro music with a modern touch. Guitar, violin, strings everything sounds very scenic. The another best part is Papon's influential vocals that brings yore of bygone era, Sunidhi Chauhan's supportive vocals make song more emphatic. Very adorable lyrics penned by Neelesh Misra for this sweet melody. A strenuous composition. Recommended!
4. "Phir Le Aya Dil (Reprise)" is a heartwarming and soulful composition. Song begins with Arijit Singh's transcendent aalaap, Arijit Singh primely rendered a ghazal type of melody with his gleeful voice that metaphor the nostalgia of everlasting love. Soft arrengements with goluptious sound of tabla, strings and piano. Pleasant lyrics by the inner soul from deep within the heart. Supprotive sound of Harmonium at low note and electric guitar in backgroud makes the track more impressive. Beautiful!
5. "Aashiyan" a very sweet and joyful melody beautifully sung by Shreya Ghoshal & Nikhil Paul George. Song starts with mellow accordion, Shreya Ghoshal leads the song with very mirthful singing of Nikhil Paul George. Beautiful and efficacious violin and flute, cheerful lyrics with feel good factor makes song more enjoyable. :)
6. "Saawali Si Raat" a sung by Arijit Singh is a soft and sonorous track. Arijit Singh's soft, sweet and magical voice is the best thing in the song, a lullaby with the feel of whisper in his singing. Musical arrangement is very soft and beautiful especially the guitar and tabla. Joyous lyrics are perfect, it's Arijit Singh who makes this track demulcent and perfect. An ear soothing track!
7. Enjoy the next track "Ala Barfi!(Version 2)" sung by Swanand Kirkire with real fruition of the original song(Ala Barfi!). This is Swanand Kirkire's astonishing performance after 'O Ri Chiraiya' (Satyamev Jayate). More pace, more bass, chorus, strings, more enjoyment. Swanand Kirkire has done excellent job. Sparkling version of the original one. :D
8. "Phir Le Aya Dil" sung by Rekha Bhardwaj, the female virsion with more pace and instruments. Simple loop of tabla with guitar, piano, and string used with distinct vocal texture of Rekha Bhardwaj. Lyrics of both versions are same. Impact of this track is totally different if we compare it with Reprise version. Nice!
Music Director- Pritam Chakraborty;
Lyricist- Swanand Kirkire, Ashish Pandit;
Rating- 5/5 ;
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --