She is the Man!
No No! It’s not a tagline! It’s a film, Hollywood, released in 2006. Same story, same plot, bas apna yeh Indian film thoda sa filmy hain. Uthe baseball tha, ithe sadda cricket hain. Baaki sab same hain.
This filmy story can be explained in just a few lines.
There’s a small village in Amritsar. A local cricket match is being played every year called as “Aman Cup”. Where the local Indian team v/s local Pakistan team play a friendly match. The coach of Indian team is Anupam Kher and theres Dilip Tahil. Indian Team is losing since 9yrs and now Anupam had decided to call upon his son, Shahid from London who is a great player of cricket there. Rani’s dream is to become a cricketer and wanna play once for that local match. Now Shahid is the captain and Rani becomes a “He” from “She”. Bas, that’s the start of the story. At the end you guys might know, final cricket match and as per the filmy rules, our Indian team won the match. Ofcourse because of the Shahid and Rani, as per again our filmy rules. Now the middle part, leaving the start and the end. It’s all our yashji ki filmy love story (Same plot copied from ‘She’s the Man’).
• Shahid’s Performance.
• Rani’s Intro.
• Rani’s Performance (only the last one hour).
• Story after the Interval.
• Music and their respected Videos.
• If you are a filmy lover, then the last Cricket Match.
• And yes, the most important, the last speech given by Rani. (A must watch)
• Shahid’s Intro.
• As per the story, that kind of treatment was not given.
• Rani’s little bit of over acting. (But Rani will be ‘Rani’)
• Rani looks too old, thanks to the Make Up artists for saving her.
• After watching 1st half you will rate just “2”
Overall, 7 plus points and 5 minus points. So before rating this movie I just wanted to say, don’t expect much before entering into the theatres. Good for one time watch.
Rating: 3 for the film and plus 0.5 for the last speech given by Rani [3.5 / 5]