After giving back to back hits - Tezz, Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore, and Teri Meri Kahaani, Sajid-Wajid comes up with another awesome album - Ek Tha Tiger. It seems that the first half of this year is going all the way to Sajid-Wajid. While After giving several chartbusters in 'Mere Brother Ki Dulhan (2011)' and 'From Sydney with Love (2012)' for the first time Sohail Sen composes a few more melodious compositions for the macho man of bollywood, Salman Khan. No doubt in my mind that Ek Tha Tiger is going to be a BIG HIT.
1. Album starts with song, oh sorry Super Duper Hit track "Mashallah" sung by Wajid & Shreya Ghoshal, The song has become a chartbuster! First time Sajid-Wajid composed a single track for Salman's film, but this single track is enough to promote the film. Arabic touch with Arabic lyrics and choice of instrument created a perfect catchy tune, fast beats and syncronisation is awesome. The best part is Wajid's energetic and beautiful singing and Kausar Munir's beautiful romantic lyrics, 'Mashallah' It is often used in occasions where there is surprise in someone's' good deeds or achievements or to express immense beauty. Wajid and Shreya both have done great job. Another hit song by Sajid-Wajid. Mashallah!!
2. "Laapata" a fast beat and fresh romantic melody sung by K.K. & Palak Muchhal. Sohail Sen composed semi-bollywood track with tango touch in music, typical Tango instruments accordion, bass, piano, guitar and the Bandoneon, Fresh vocals and the background chorus perfectly used. Spanish chorus touch is superb. KK sung very well as he sung in the same way for Pritams Touch Me(Dhoom-2 2006), song may sound like Touch Me and Pyaar Ki Yeh Kahaani(Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd 2007) but the poweful impact of the lyrics is totally different. Palak Muchhal's mellifluous voice is another best part of the track She has such a good voice. Very Nice!
3. "Banjaara" sung by Sukhwinder Singh, song starts with soft guitar, drum kicks, claps with violin and beautiful chorus which played a major role in the song, Another fast beat track with energetic lyrics and Sukhwinder Singh's powerful voice, he sung well, average composition.
4. The best track of the album "Saiyaara" sung by Mohit Chauhan & Tarannum Malik. Heart touching lyrics, beautiful melody, and Mohit Chouhan's magical vocals gives it an everlasting impact that shapes this soundtrack into impressive sentimental soundtrack. Saiyaara is an Urdu word which means a planet.
The meaning of the lyrics 'Saiyyara Main Saiyaara, Saiyaara tu Sayyara, Sitaaron ke jahan mein, milenge ab yaraa' would translate to 'you're a planet, I'm a planet, and we'd meet in the world of stars my love.'
Perfect sad feel of the song with flute, strings, and effective beats. Soft piano of Laapata is awesome. Tarannum Malik's soft and silken supporting vocals makes a perfect singing pair, such a marvelous vocals used in the middle. Lyrics of this track and title 'Ek Tha Tiger' indicates that the movie may have a sad ending, But it's tiger's story so i can't conclude anything. Must Listen!
5. "Tigers (Theme)" by Julius Packiam, the melody 95% sounds smilar to "Don theme"(Don 2006), Inspired by Hans Zimmer's music. Bass guitar, electric guitar, claps, fast beat drum kicks, string, Congo everything is used in the track, nice soundtrack but avarage.
6. There are three remix songs "Mashallah (Remix)" nothing is new in the track, just a remix with fast beats, Laapata (Remix) is also an average remix, and Banjaara (Remix) which sounds better just because of energetic voice and superb singing of Jolly, More effective and nice song than the original one.
My Recommended Songs: Mashallah, Saiyaara, Laapata.
Music Director- Sajid-Wajid (Song # 1), & Sohail Sen (Song # 2, 3, 4, 5);
Lyricist- Kausar Munir (Song # 1), Neelesh Misra & Anvita Dutt Guptan;
Rating- 3.5/5 ;
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --