Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at 'Estella' lounge launch
Sharman Joshi promoting 'Wajah Tum Ho'
John Abraham launches 'Nissan GT-R' car
Photo shoot: Actress Bidita Bag
Vaani Kapoor at 'Befikre' media meet
Karan & Big B at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2016

SRK's new formula - is it working?

Description: SRK has been following a formula of late. That of getting his leading ladies and people of the industry to come and do item numbers in his movies....All hot girls put your hands in OSO, Phir milenge Chalte ..RNBDJ and now with 3 leading ladies in Billu (Barber). Is this mantra/ formula working?

Created by: Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee (Feb 11)Posts: 12

• Feb 11Making things happen :)  wrote...

Making things happen :)

hmm. but i think the formula / trend is just to add a feel good factor for the movie goers. And it certainly has a PR angle to it!

•  
    Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee

But I think it draws the audience to the theatres also..like in the case of the much publicised All hot girls of OSO and specially for Billu (Barber) in which these songs might actually be a bigger draw than the rest of the movie.

• Feb 13Amitava Bhattacharya wrote...

Amitava Bhattacharya

True. SRK himself says that he thinks that it pays to include the star power. but talking abt the multiplex audience, can these pretty faces take them to theaters? dont think so. In a bygone era where 'paisa feko' audience that i grew up with would flock the theaters with pocket full of coins; where the noise of coins dropping on the floor would determine how popular the movie or its stars are; the strategy would have a very high ROI but now... not too sure. May be SRK could explain better. :)

• Feb 14Anonymous  wrote...

Anonymous

As far as songs in OSO or RNBDJ are concerned- well they pulled a bit of audience to the theater for sure, but personally i feel this would not work wonders for long- as for current smart moviegoers (like me?? ;))-the movie on the whole has to have its substance. The 'drama' can work provided it culminates into sensiblity.. Rest, lets watch and see!!

• Feb 14Square on the Hypotenuse wrote...

Square on the Hypotenuse

people will get bore with these type of songs if it happens too often !!

• Feb 15Rohini Kale wrote...

Rohini Kale

agree with square something! people easily get bored with such gimmicks. and for Billu, it didnt work i feel.

• Feb 19Shafali  wrote...

Shafali

It's a great 'marketing' gimmick intertwined into the creative I would say...This innovation has worked, as long as it is fresh.
    Seems the audience already knows what to expect out of such 'item numbers' now, and is slowly getting over it.

• Feb 21Atif Haider wrote...

Atif Haider

According to me, It's a superb idea and it's working. Once SRK said "I am the God of marketing". I completely agree.

• Feb 22mahima jai ramnani wrote...

mahima jai ramnani

i dont like srk ant allllllllllllllllllll

• Feb 23nandkishore  wrote...

nandkishore

abhi tak to uska ye formula kaam kar hi raha hai uski dekha dekhi or log bhi ye formula apna rahe hai jaise "luck by chance" mein.