Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Vaani & Ranveer at 'Befikre' trailer launch
Rani Mukerji at North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja
On the sets: Dwayne Bravo in 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
Big B celebrates his 74th b'day
Jennifer Winget at 'Beyhadh' show launch
Manoj Bajpayee promoting 'Saat Uchakkey'

old actresses of bollywood

Description: Old actress of bollywood who has done a commendable job in their credit.

Created by: vinay sharma (Apr 30)Posts: 8

• Apr 30vinay sharma wrote...
    vinay sharma

• May 02The Big Movie Buff  wrote...
    The Big Movie Buff

I love Sadhana.

• May 03Amitava Bhattacharya wrote...
    Amitava Bhattacharya

@Vinay: can you define the 'old'. may be you should state the period, for e.g. 1950-70

Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee

I think Waheeda Rehman is one of the most natural actresses of the yesteryears.... also extremely beautiful in a natural and classy way.

• May 09Debadutta Chakravarti wrote...
    Debadutta Chakravarti

I love Madhubala for her ethereal beauty and Nutan for her acting.

• May 19Suresh  wrote...

Vyjayanthilmala for her Excellent Dance, Beautiful Smile and lovely acting.

• May 21Dipen Guha wrote...
    Dipen Guha

The adjective "old" is of relative sense.Definite span of time needs to be determined to ascribe to someone as old.If Madhuri Dixit who is nearing her forty, be old, Rekha has to be taken for antique,Wadiah Rahaman or Vyjantimala or Nutan or Meena Kumari may be esteemed as historical, and Suraiya is pre-historic. One "Priyanka Chopra" is sure to be dated by some "Katrina".Even the latter may be outdated by some "Kangna".
    If the time be taken between sixties and seventies " a host of golden daffodils" appear in the mind's canvass.The Anarkali Madhubala was of heavenly aura. Her performances in "Mughal-e- Aszam" can hardly be forgotten.The honey-faced Nutan was a subtle combination of enchanting sweetness and artistic calibre.In "Aanari" she is frolic, in "Khandan"she is so docile ; in "Bandini"her feminine delicacy is outstanding :in "Mai Tulsi Tere Angan Ki"she is modestly formidable.Vyjantimala is endowed with bewitching face, catchy feature, unquestionable dancing power(Dr. Vidya or Amrapali)and , of course,acting competance(Ganga-Jamuna, Sangam).Meena Kumari was an actress to the backbone. Her beuty, feminine charms, motherly piety and involvement in roles have made her a legend. I doubt, if any artist holds the guts to obliterate Pakhiza or the drunk housewife in Saheb Bibi Gulam.

• May 22Square on the Hypotenuse wrote...
    Square on the Hypotenuse

I will vote for Suchitra Sen. She came to bollywood quite late in her career, but still was gorgeous in movies like Aandhi(1975), bombai ka baboo etc ...