Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at 'Estella' lounge launch
Sharman Joshi promoting 'Wajah Tum Ho'
John Abraham launches 'Nissan GT-R' car
Photo shoot: Actress Bidita Bag
Vaani Kapoor at 'Befikre' media meet
Karan & Big B at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2016

"Samadhi" of Prakash Mehra :Muquaddar Ka Faisla

Description: Born on July 13, 1939 at Biijnaur in U.P Prakash Mehra started career as a production controller in '50.Urge for self-recognition,he launched his debut with Haseena Man Jayegi in '68 to receive boisterous response. After "Mela"with the Khan brothers, he laid the mile-stone of "Angry Young Man" image to replace the chocolate-cream hero-concept with Zanjeer in '73 and the Big-B made his appearence understood and Prakash made his calibre felt.Thenceforth came up "Laawaris","Namak Halal","Sharabi"and underlined acting-flairs of Amitabh.Other films to reckon with are, "Jawalamukhi","Hera Pheri","Aa Gale Lag ja", "Zindagi Ek Juaa'"Ghungroo" and so on. The awardee of Life Time Achievement by IMPPA in '05 Prakash could not execute his dream-project "The God Connection" with Charles Bronson in Hollywood.His last directorial venture "Bal Brahmachari" was a foil.But Prakash Mehra deconstructed stars like Amitabh and Smita to reconstruct their images anew.On May 17 he left us for Rang De Basanti.

Created by: Dipen Guha (May 17)Posts: 3

•  
    Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee

His Muqaddar Ka Sikandar was a cult film of it's time. The despondent Amitabh with the fabulous Rekha as Zohra bai made some great moments in Indian celluloid. I still weep when I hear the bells toll at the end of Rafi's
    "Zindagi to Bewafa hai ek din thukrayegi, Maut Mehbooba hai apne saath lekar jaayegi, marke jeene ki ada jo duniya ko dikhlaayega
    Woh Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, jaaneman kehlayega"

• May 19Dipen Guha wrote...

Dipen Guha

"Mukaddar Ka Sikandar" was , in fact . tearjerker. The unrequited love of ill-fated Amitabh brngs him to Zohra bai in search of a cozy repite or repose.This part is in reminiscence to the legendary Devdas seeking calm at the company of Chandamukhi.Prakash, however,intensifies the dramatic emotions."Paanch hazar me to Sikandar ki Tasveer Bhi Nahi Bechungi"--was the formidable reply of Zohra, which itself manifests her fathomless love for Sikandar, nay Amitabh.Prakash was able to catch the magnitude of their off-screen love and Zohra embodies the true self of Rekha.So what Zohra speaks is what Rekha unbosoms.

• May 19Suresh  wrote...

Suresh

I wished even after the failure of "Jaadugar" there should not have been the unrequired fall-out between Amit & Prakash. And they could have given many more jewels to the industry together.