Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at 'Estella' lounge launch
Sharman Joshi promoting 'Wajah Tum Ho'
John Abraham launches 'Nissan GT-R' car
Photo shoot: Actress Bidita Bag
Vaani Kapoor at 'Befikre' media meet
Karan & Big B at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2016

Modern Singers : Regime Short -Lived

Description: One of the burning questions faced by our contemporary singers is the uncertainity of their being in the lime-light. It is not that they are less talented than their predecessors. Still, there is cloud in their horizon.Md.Rafi, Mukesh, Kishor Kumar, Manna Dey and Mahendra Kapoor ruled over three decades. At present, a span of three years go by,and popularity falls on the wane.Even one who is at the apex stoops to the base, if not nowhere, within years.Md.Aziz came and faded away;Kumar Shanu was atop and then started drooping ;Udit's prominence in 90s is no more ; Sonu Nigam's present temperament in vilifying Faran Akhtar implies his feeling of insecurity. We are yet to see, who is Fortune's favourite amongst Shaan, K.K and Neeraj Shridhar. Needless to say, these singers are of copious potentials. But, the shoe is pinching elsewhere, and they must trace the crux.RafiKishorMukesh had made their respective kingdoms by their personal genres to rule forlong.Now invasions dwarf identity.

Created by: Dipen Guha (May 21)Posts: 6

• May 22mithun shetty wrote...

mithun shetty

as the talent crunch is shortlived we have lot of music realty shows where we get new singers everyday whose shelf-life is 2-3 years and later they vanish unless they have lots of work in them. In the past we had 3-4 singers who would sing but today we have singers who can identify hero's style as well as the character he portrays for which we need a singger who can bring in all this things in him

• May 22Swati Chatterjee wrote...

Swati Chatterjee

i agree with Mithun here. also, there is this issue of dedication and focus that could be one of the differentiators. in today's world singers have much more channels / avenues to monetize their talents. and so their focus are often diverted and split, which ultimately make things short lived.

• May 22Amitava Bhattacharya wrote...

Amitava Bhattacharya

yes, dedication is of course one element that immediately set the likes of Kishore, Rafi far far apart from today's singers. the quality of the music those days too is a factor that contribute enormously to this gap. and last but not least, the attention span of the audience these days is too small thanks to trivialization of the medium/format that make the matter more worse.

• May 23Sanjana Sharma wrote...

Sanjana Sharma

Agreed, Amitava. these days my niece (barely 17) get me songs at the drop of hat. just like that. with gigabytes and gigabytes of songs stored in ipod, she doesnt even bother listening to anything older that 2-3 months i guess. so, with the end users' attention span being so marginalized, the longevity of the music and its crews have had suffered...

• May 24Roopali Singh wrote...

Roopali Singh

think its not fair to judge the present generation of talents in such yardsticks. do we really know what people will think about them after 30 years?

• May 25Rohini Kale wrote...

Rohini Kale

too many, what u call the overdose, is spoiling the attention span among the listeners. and with reality tv surging astronomically, the singing takes the 2nd priority, appearance the first! unfortunately, the package only sells. so, its not surprising why the dedication, focus etc etc are on the decline.