Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Aishwarya Rai at 49th World Congress on Dance Research
Felicity Jones promoting 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
Shah Rukh Khan at 'Raees' trailer launch
Aamir Khan promoting 'Dangal'
Kriti Sanon at Manish Malhotra's b'day bash
Alia Bhatt at Kids Choice Awards 2016

16 June Passed, But Hemant Kumar Unheard ?

Description: June 16 happened to be the birth day of the golden-voiced Hemanta Mukherjee, globally known as Hemant Kumar.Woefully enough,the satelitte channels,especially the ones employed in televising entertaining programmes were not bothered to spare a slot at least for 5 minutes to project a note of reminiscence for one of the greatest performers in the world of film-music.The defensive hoax over this folly may sound "It is not possible to keep records of dates of birth of so many famous persons who are born to die". Good Lords! A singer and music composer like Hemant Kumar is not born to be obliviated.Even the living legend Lata Mangeshkar can not control her tears even now when the reference to "Memant Dada" comes to pass.Noteithstanding his bodily absence, Hemant's soul is very much present in his innumerable melodies.The media share the ethical liabilities to saturate glories, sedimented by the decree of time. On 16 June, thousands of snake-charmers must have played the tune"Man dole mera"

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jun 18)Posts: 4

•  
    Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee

You'd be happy to know that at least the 9 - 12 radio slot on Radio Mirchi in Delhi hosted by this fabulous lady called Saima, called Purani Jeans, commemorated Hemanta da and Mithun Chakraborty (both birthdays on 16th June)and played some fabulous songs related to them. I really enjoyed the programme. So maybe all is not lost!!! :-)

• Jun 19Roopali Singh wrote...

Roopali Singh

How true! the media, self-declared torche bearer of the nation, will even carry a celeb's dog's woe for not having good health but can comfortably forget to remember the greats like Hemant Kumar.

• Jun 19Amitava Sengupta wrote...

Amitava Sengupta

But the mumbai version of Purani Jeans, they only played Mithun songs :( ... may be Hemanta Mukherjee is evergreen so, not eligible for the entry in "Purani" types shows !!

•  
    Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee

Really this is strange...maybe you heard only the 1st half of the programme...it was later that they played Hemanta's songs. Tum Pukarlo, Hai Apna Dil, Beqarar Karke Humein...among others.