Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Vaani & Ranveer at 'Befikre' trailer launch
Rani Mukerji at North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja
On the sets: Dwayne Bravo in 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
Big B celebrates his 74th b'day
Jennifer Winget at 'Beyhadh' show launch
Manoj Bajpayee promoting 'Saat Uchakkey'

Ustad Ali Akbar, the Mozart of the East Disarms Sarod

Description: The world can no more lend ear to the bewitching timbres of Sarod played by Ustad Ali Akbar Khan who breatehed his last on June 19 in San Fransisco. The blessed son of the proud father Baba Alauddin, the legend singer of the Maihar genre was the first to make the world posted of the magnificence of Indian classical music played on the instrument called Sarod.Yehudi Menuhin, one of the greatest violinists of all time termed him "The Second Mozart". When Ustadji was paired with Ravi Shankar,the programe was sure to become the talk of the music-world.Satyajit Roy got him as music composer for his film "Devi".Tapan Sinha had him for "Khudita Pashan"(The Hungry Stone);Bartolucci used him for "The Little Buddha"; Ivory Merchant had him for "Householders".Since 1965 he had been teaching music in the USA.In'56 Ali Akbar founded "Ali Akbar College of Music" in Kolkata which had its brances in the USA and Europe subsequently.He was 87 and is survived by his wife, seven sons and four daughters.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jun 20)Posts: 1

Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee

It is a deep loss to the world of classical music. A legend is there with us no more. However he will continue to live on through his recordings and through memories among those who were privileged enough to hear him live!