Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at 'Estella' lounge launch
Sharman Joshi promoting 'Wajah Tum Ho'
John Abraham launches 'Nissan GT-R' car
Photo shoot: Actress Bidita Bag
Vaani Kapoor at 'Befikre' media meet
Karan & Big B at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2016

27June :Let's Rcall Pancham As Offerings to Jackson

Description: There comes about a rare combination of happy-tidings and black-tidings at the end of this June. June 27 happens to be the birth day of the R.D Burman, the trend-setter of Pop music in Indian films.On June 25, the world lost Michael Jackson, the undisputed genius in the realm of Pop music. Gala or gloom--how the day,27 June ought to be observed in ?This question may be tormenting every fan of both the music-wizards.The sublimest way to commemorate R.D as well as pay homage to Jackson is to sing,play and broadcast Pancham's outstanding numbers which have flavours of Jackson's timbres.Peep into "Shaan","Sholay","Rocky","Shalimar","Yaadon Ki Baarat"."Haam Kisise Kam Nahi" and several others, and one is sure to come by apt components.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jun 27)Posts: 2

• Jun 27Mrs Chandra Banerjee wrote...

Mrs Chandra Banerjee

Pancham and Jacson are of two genarations. They are tied with music. Pancham was never a performer but Jacson was a mater of it. The innovation in music has aroused them both to be at the top and that is why they will be remembered by all!

• Jun 28Dipen Guha wrote...

Dipen Guha

Lexically, a "permoer"is one who present entertainment to an audience, an artiete, an entertainer,player,singer, thespian or touper. It is not always essential that performer has to be present in front of the live audience.In the field of music in particular, all artistes have, down the ages, been singers and performers. Was Miya Tansen a performer only as he sang in the Court Of Akbar? Lata-Asha_Rafi_-Kishor in their singing career for nearly half a century participated in more than five hundred functions.Ali Akbar, Bilayat Khan and Ravi Shanker participated in hundreds of consorts, as well as scored music for many films.
    Generation-gap does not hold good in the field of music.Nobody is tormented to listen to the duet of Lata and Udit Narayan singing for Veer-Zara ;Lata and Kumar Shanu in "DIlwale Dulhania Le Jayenge"or Asha Bhosle and Abhijeet in the same film. Though one's coounter part may be almost half of the age, they psychologically the characters the situations call for.R.D Burman made his debut in1961, while Jackson made his independent debut in 1971.In view of Music this makes little difference.Besides, both Pancham and Jackson used to be ardent fans of Elvis Presley, Jimmy Hendrix and Tom Jones. Both were fond of Western pops. Hence their bents originated from the same Genesis. In fact,in time of R.D. Burman electronic media were not so much in vouge as they are now.Both came onto the stages following great deal of "Home Work". The present trend trend of making "album"was not an usual trend in R.D's age.His wife Asha has done a good number of albums and yet to make many more.If Ashaji makes yet one or two music albums(with remix and with dancing actors)in the years to come, Jackson, who is no more, cannot be esteemed as degenerated.
    To observe S.D's birthday by singing some of his occidental notes can be a tribute to the latest ceasation of the pop-star, as we celebrate the Independence Day to pay tribute to the freedom-fighters.