Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at 'Estella' lounge launch
Sharman Joshi promoting 'Wajah Tum Ho'
John Abraham launches 'Nissan GT-R' car
Photo shoot: Actress Bidita Bag
Vaani Kapoor at 'Befikre' media meet
Karan & Big B at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2016

Birth Centenary of Bimal Roy ; A Tribute to The Legend.

Description: July 12 happens to occasion centennial birth anniversary of the legendary film maker Bimal Roy. Keeping apart his brilliance in making films, we can recall him in view of at least one underlining aspect that he collected his components from Bengali literature and put them into executions in Hindi films in order to translate the regional wealth into national asset."Devdas" and "Parineeta"(Sarat Chandra Chattopadhya),"Sujata"(Subodh Ghosh),"Kabuliwalla" and "Nauka dubi"(Rabindranath Tagore),"Madhumati"(scripted by Ritwik Kumar Ghatak)--are but a few examples suggesting how this great director augmented the status of Indian Cinema by integrating it with human values compiled from the Bengali literature. There may be or must be the remakes of "Kabuliwala""Parineeta""Devdas""Bandini"--but the architect of trend-setting ought to be held uppermost Above all,from his "Do Bigha Zameen" the Nation has reaped the golden harvest like Salil Chowdhury, Hrishikesh Mukherjee and Manna Dey.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jul 06)Posts: 1

• Jul 08vinay sharma wrote...

vinay sharma

BIMAL ROY WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER IN THE HEART OF CINE GOERS.HE MADE ALL THE FILMS WITH SOME AIM TO RECTIFY THE SOCIAL PROBLEMS.SOME FILMS ARE HERE : 1.PARINEETA(1953),2.DO BHEEGA ZAMEEN(1953),3.DEVDAS(1955),4.MADHUMATI(1958),5.SUJATA(1959),6.USNE KAHA THA(1960),7.KABULIWALAH(1961),8.BANDINI(1963),9.BENAZEER(1964),10.CHAITALI(1974).