Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at 'Estella' lounge launch
Sharman Joshi promoting 'Wajah Tum Ho'
John Abraham launches 'Nissan GT-R' car
Photo shoot: Actress Bidita Bag
Vaani Kapoor at 'Befikre' media meet
Karan & Big B at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2016

Woman's Voice Against Patriarchal Tradition :Dilwale Dulhania...

Description: Nearly two decades ago, in the film "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge"a dialogue spoken by Simran's mother(Farida Jalal)is a stamp of feminism as well as protest against the patriarchal dominance:-"As a little girl I heard my grandfather say there's no difference between a man and woman. They have the same rights. When I grew up I learnt otherwise. My education was stopped, so that my brothers' could continue ;their education was more important than mine. I sacrificed my life as a daughter and then as a daughter-in-law. But when you were born I vowed you would not make the same sacrifices I did...But Simran I was wrong. I forgot that a woman has no right to make such pledge.Women are born to make sacrifices for men...I beg you, give up your happiness and forget him. Your father won't ever allow it"---Today's "Kajol" will be tomorrow's "Farida Jalal". So this underling dialogue of a lamenting mother should not be enveloped by the catchy melody "Tujhe dekha hai to jana sanam...."

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jul 12)Posts: 2

• Jul 13Making things happen :)  wrote...

Making things happen :)

very true Dipen. now, when i read the dialogue, it rings the bell. a sparkling moment of truth that went un-noticed in one of Hindi cinema's biggest blockbuster!

•  
    Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee

Yes good point.