Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Gayatri Joshi at 'Motu Patlu King Of Kings' screening
Sarah Jane Dias at Vacheron Constantin's collection launch
Radhika Apte at 'W Goa' launch party
Amrita Puri at 'P. O. W. – Bandi Yuddh Ke' press meet
Mansi & Rohit at Omung Kumar's b'day party
Malaika Arora Khan at 'Patisserie A Saluti' store launch

Woman's Voice Against Patriarchal Tradition :Dilwale Dulhania...

Description: Nearly two decades ago, in the film "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge"a dialogue spoken by Simran's mother(Farida Jalal)is a stamp of feminism as well as protest against the patriarchal dominance:-"As a little girl I heard my grandfather say there's no difference between a man and woman. They have the same rights. When I grew up I learnt otherwise. My education was stopped, so that my brothers' could continue ;their education was more important than mine. I sacrificed my life as a daughter and then as a daughter-in-law. But when you were born I vowed you would not make the same sacrifices I did...But Simran I was wrong. I forgot that a woman has no right to make such pledge.Women are born to make sacrifices for men...I beg you, give up your happiness and forget him. Your father won't ever allow it"---Today's "Kajol" will be tomorrow's "Farida Jalal". So this underling dialogue of a lamenting mother should not be enveloped by the catchy melody "Tujhe dekha hai to jana sanam...."

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jul 12)Posts: 2

• Jul 13Making things happen :)  wrote...
    Making things happen :)

very true Dipen. now, when i read the dialogue, it rings the bell. a sparkling moment of truth that went un-noticed in one of Hindi cinema's biggest blockbuster!

Paromeeta Mathur Banerjee

Yes good point.