Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at Tanzila Antulay's collection launch
Sonakshi Sinha at Trilogy's awards winning party
Soha Ali Khan at 'Cansurvive' charity gala
Radhika Apte at 'Max's Festive Collection 2016' launch
Tamannaah Bhatia at 'Tutak Tutak Tutiya' screening
Mahima Chaudhry at '2016 – The End' trailer launch

When Women Parody"Private Scenes": An MTV Style

Description: In "Hum Aapke Hai Kaun"a prolonged song-and -dance sequence in a strictly demarcated women's space marks the celebration of Pooja's first child. In all-women's gathering a woman in drag ( dresses identical to the male lead) pairs with the leading lady, Nisha, playing an oversized pregnant woman. Together they parody "private scenes" between heterosexual couples, regaling everyone. The lead male star and his buddies are voyeurs, gazing at the performance meant for women only--the woman in drag enacting scenes a man could never perform publicly with his lady love.This strategy serves a dual purpose. It recreates woman's space where women traditionally relax together, enact heterosexual encounters, act as sexual teases, and mock men and the codes of intimacy. As well,the cross-dressed woman enacts the leading man's eroticized relationship with his lady--the very thing the performance parodies. Does it suggest "access signs"? Access signs are those in which women appropriate men's space.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jul 13)Posts: 0