Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Vaani & Ranveer at 'Befikre' trailer launch
Rani Mukerji at North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja
On the sets: Dwayne Bravo in 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
Big B celebrates his 74th b'day
Jennifer Winget at 'Beyhadh' show launch
Manoj Bajpayee promoting 'Saat Uchakkey'

Popularity of the Vamps Has Fallen On the Wane.

Description: The vamp is presented as the sexualized woman, craving men and their attention by inviting their gaze upon her body, her eroticized gestures, and movements. The exhibitionism, pleasurable to the audience, is condemned as immodest and prurient. Thus the audience can enjoy the visual pleasure, the spectacular and erotic dance numbers, while morally condemning the woman in unison with the narrative. While the discourse on the extent to which films can or should show women's bodies continues to this day, the figure of the vamp has become conspicuous by its absence. As the "Helen type" figure atrophied in Hindi films during the 1970s, the female lead by the 1980s was transformed from a childlike innocent into a sexually alluring creature. In short, if heroines could satisfy what Helen's admireres sought in the movies, the vamp was redundant Much of this had to do with changing boundaries within rules governing sextuality.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jul 14)Posts: 1

• Jul 15Square on the Hypotenuse wrote...
    Square on the Hypotenuse

Nice topic :) ... I think now a days heroines are fulfilling all Helen, Bindu, Aruna Irani type needs, so ...