Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at Tanzila Antulay's collection launch
Sonakshi Sinha at Trilogy's awards winning party
Soha Ali Khan at 'Cansurvive' charity gala
Radhika Apte at 'Max's Festive Collection 2016' launch
Tamannaah Bhatia at 'Tutak Tutak Tutiya' screening
Mahima Chaudhry at '2016 – The End' trailer launch

Everything Is Fair in Dreams and Dark.

Description: In "Paap", the pious and noble female seduces the male protagonist. Both are rolling across kitchen tops, simulating the sexual act whose climax is erased by the revelation that this is in fact a dream. Thus, the shock factor is firmly put in its place, as unreal, and we can relax.The dream sequence is one technique deployed to circumvent the problem of actually depicting the sexual act.The sequence makes visible almost naked bodies for communal inspection. Within the larger narrative of the film is a double representation of feminity. Outside the dream, the woman is presented as coy, humble and naive and her clothing, hair and physical presence all work to establish her aspirations to perform the "Sita" figure. In the dream, she transforms into a vixen and is able to actualize her physical desires. The duality between positive/negative and feared/desired coexist and function interchangeably, bringing to the surface the ambivalence of the female archetype--double ideological profit.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Jul 29)Posts: 0