Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at Tanzila Antulay's collection launch
Sonakshi Sinha at Trilogy's awards winning party
Soha Ali Khan at 'Cansurvive' charity gala
Radhika Apte at 'Max's Festive Collection 2016' launch
Tamannaah Bhatia at 'Tutak Tutak Tutiya' screening
Mahima Chaudhry at '2016 – The End' trailer launch

Bollywood Culture : Icon of National Integration.

Description: Once Javed Akhtar has said "Bollywood culture is quite different from Indian culture, but it is not alien to us, we understand it". Both Amir Khan's wives have been Hindus. Shah Ruk Khan has a Hindu wife and neither Amir nor Shah Ruk nor Salman Khan have changed their names. . When Dilip Kumar came into films, which was a little before partition, the polarisation between the communities was becoming very strong. Because of ill-feeling,if you needed acceptence you couldn't possibly have a Muslim name. The man who played Ram, for instance, in the famous "Ram Rajya" was a Muslim, but he had a Hindu name, Prem Adip. Similarly, the chap who played Laksman, was a Christian. For "Ram Rajya", probably the most popular mythological film ever made in this country at a time when religious polarisation was at its greatest, you had a Muslim playing Ram, and a Christian playing Lakshan. . The idea of Hindi/Hindu character being played by a Muslim despite thick and thin and Thackerkay, is unique.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Aug 11)Posts: 0