Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at Tanzila Antulay's collection launch
Sonakshi Sinha at Trilogy's awards winning party
Soha Ali Khan at 'Cansurvive' charity gala
Radhika Apte at 'Max's Festive Collection 2016' launch
Tamannaah Bhatia at 'Tutak Tutak Tutiya' screening
Mahima Chaudhry at '2016 – The End' trailer launch

Historical Inaccuracies On Silver Screen

Description: At times, some myths infused with historical annals, tell upon the historical sense. Historians, by and large,call the existence of any "Anarkali" in question. But, films have been made on Salim-Anarkali and their eternal romance. While Akbar had Hindu wives, and the real Salim's mother was a Hindu, she was not the Jodabai of the film"Mughal-e Azam", who has been portrayed as the daughter of a major Rajput king. In real life, the Hindu mother of Salim was the daughter of Raja Bhagara Mal, a very minor royalty, and she was not called Jodabai. That was the name of the Hindu wife of Salim, who produced his son and became Shah Jahan, the creator of the Taj Mahal. And,while Salim did rebel against his father, Akbar, it was not over a dancing girl, but due to the Mughal politics of the day. Both K.Asif and Ashutosh Gawadkar must have studied the historical facts. They have, simply,highlighted the polarised annexe to bring forth contrived sagas.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Aug 26)Posts: 1

• Sep 20Anonymous  wrote...

but this much liberty should be given to filmmakers... historical accuracy is a difficult area to chart. like you said, shah jahan, the creator of taj mahal. but this fact is disputed. some historians claim that taj mahal was in existence much before shah jahan.