Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Vaani & Ranveer at 'Befikre' trailer launch
Rani Mukerji at North Bombay Sarbojanin Durga Puja
On the sets: Dwayne Bravo in 'Jhalak Dikhla Jaa'
Big B celebrates his 74th b'day
Jennifer Winget at 'Beyhadh' show launch
Manoj Bajpayee promoting 'Saat Uchakkey'

Hollywood--Bollywood : No Unhealthy Influence

Description: The Parallel of the popular Hindi film with Hollywood is, besides being practically unavoidable, rather revealing. The Hindi film unquestionably borrows heavily from its Hollywood counterpart. But it is an interesting fact that it re-works what it borrows within strongly Indian conventions, transforming it to express typically Indian preoccupations. Even where the slick genre of the thriller has been borrowed, it has been done within an Indian etiology. For example, Salim-Javed introduced the racy Hollywood-type thriller in "Deewar"but it was done with the archetypical concern for the mother-son relationship that is so crucial to the emotional meaning of the Hindi film. Only in very tare cases has there been a frame-by-frame borrowing, as in "Manoranjan". Yet the aura of Hollywood is certainly pervasive. It is most apparent in the imitation of the technical excellence of Hollywood films and, seen from that point of view, it is not an altogether unhealthy influence.

Created by: Dipen Guha (Sep 07)Posts: 1

• Sep 20shraddha  wrote...

Ya I think a little bit borrowing & influence is good. But if it gets too much, it is harmful for our cinema's creativity.......