Guess the Celeb

Who am I?

I am actress, still trying to make my foothold strong in Bollywood. I had made a debut in Bollywood in 2004 but that went unnoticed and I moved on to south industry.

Play this game

Huma Qureshi at 'Estella' lounge launch
Sharman Joshi promoting 'Wajah Tum Ho'
John Abraham launches 'Nissan GT-R' car
Photo shoot: Actress Bidita Bag
Vaani Kapoor at 'Befikre' media meet
Karan & Big B at Hindustan Times Leadership Summit 2016

Is Re-incarnation of Lovers an Obsolete Plot ?

Description: Reincarnation is treated in the film as something that has a special relevance for lovers. True love must be rewarded ; if not in this life then in the next. A romantic belief in reincarnation can only reinforce the idyllic notion of love. Fulfilment in love can wait almost indefinitely; the lovers may not unite in this life; nevertheless, they are meant for each other and will unite in the life hereafter. The trend was set by Kamal Amrohi in 1949 with the film "Mahal", and the tradition was on. "Milan","Mehbooba","Kudrat"made in 70s followed the traditional suit, and they were effusively accepted.
But, in recent times this plot does, no longer,stimulate the nerves of the modern film makers. Is it because :-
1.Our too much materialistic outlooks?
2.indulgence in corporate culture?
3. Our greater power in reasoning things?
4.entitlement of enjoying more liberty than our predecessors?
5. free-sex enabling us fulfill our physical union in one life time?
6 no ti

Created by: Dipen Guha (Sep 11)Posts: 2

• Sep 20shraddha  wrote...

shraddha

In my opinion it is bcoz th people nw hav more practical & scientific view. So the trend is of more practical things. Fairytale like things r still liked but they have been changed in a scientific manner like Krish.

• Sep 20Anonymous  wrote...

Anonymous

there are two view points of life. one says that you are born many times. other says that you get only one life. it is obvious that from where this idea has came, that you get only one life. but its the belief in fashion - no matter how superficial. and when you get only one life. who cares about love stories spanning to many life times.