Love stories are usually likable to most of them, but not every one of them. Depends on taste and depends on how emotive one is. This movie as titled “I hate Luv Storys”, is meant to shows us some different kind of love story, but rather it showed us some spoofs of many legends filmy love stories. Also in the second half, the movie tried to present some good love story, but at the end it turned out to be a tragic love story, I am not talking about the story, I am talking about the audience, a real tragic for them.
It’s about a guy whose name is ‘Jay’ (Imran Khan), who doesn’t believe in love, and hates the love stories which is being shown in films. And still he is assisting with one famous film director, who only makes love stories. Now same old kahani is repeated, hero meets heroine in a film theatre and hero ko kuch kuch hota hai. Hero-heroine ke beech jagda, male ego female ego and the story begins. Now kismet ka karishma and all, hero and heroine both getting reunited, with added some kudrat ka karishma that they both are now working each other. Dono ke beech fir jagde, she hates him, he hates her, and etc. etc. then some jaadoo happened in one scene, and both became friends. Now again some few scenes, one song, and heroine ke dil mei kuch kuch hota hai. Heroine proposes hero, hero ne reject kar diya as he doesn’t believe in pyar shyar, now again some few scenes & few songs and this time hero proposes to heroine and heroine rejects. Then wahi again airport ko bhagna, apne pyar ko rokna, do teen ghissi pitti dialogue maarna, hero heroine ka gale milna, and finally the film ends. Phew!!!
1. Only one, an overall Ok directorship of Punit Malhotra for his debutant movie.
1. Bad story, clichéd screenplay and poor dialogues.
2. Can’t believe Imran Khan acted so badly in this film; no expression no emotions. Worst scene by Imran, when he proposes to Sonam. I just laughed and laughed, cracked down to the floor.
3. Sonam Kapoor was just smiling, laughing and crying, and yes, was also looking very beautiful.
4. And once again Karan proved us that he only produced film on relationships, and not in good story.
Try this film only if you want to watch some spoof’s of our many good old love stories.
2 / 5