American film-War between Americans & Germans-Now guess who would win?
It’s but naturally Americans….Always!!! It’s just like there is a Bollywood film, in that we are showing some match between India & Pakistan, so now tell me who would win at the end. Naturally we India na! This film is exactly the way it has to be.
The story is being said in the era of 1944. The era where the World War 2 was being in course of action. During this World War 2 a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" were chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis, German Soldiers. Three years before in the year 1941, In Nazi occupied France; a young Jewish refugee “Shoshanna” witnesses the slaughter of her family by “Colonel Hans Landa”, one of the leading Col. Of the German Soldier. Narrowly escaping with her life, she plots her revenge several years later when German war hero “Fredrick Zoller” takes a rapid interest in her and arranges an illustrious movie premiere at the theater that she now runs. A movie about how German Soldiers killed American Soldiers and American People in the course of action World War 2. With the promise of every major Nazi officer in attendance, the event catches the attention to the "Basterds" also. This group of Jewish-American guerilla soldiers was led by the ruthless “Lt. Aldo Raine” (Brad Pitt). Resulting the Climax - A fateful evening which had shaken the annals of history.
It’s a long 2hrs 30mins movie, which at some point of time it will definitely annoy you. But what’s worth watching this film is its technicality. How actually the Writer and the Director of the Movie “Quentin Tarantino” has made this film? And I am having just one word answer for this “FLAWLESS”. Amazingly flawless!
What are the plus points of these technicalities?
1. Tarantino’s Direction – Many angle Shots will deeply impress you.
2. Sally Menke’s Editing – With so many Camera angle shots, not even a single continuity jerk.
3. Cinematography – Just simply flawless, the top angle shot, underground shots, every shot was so just creative.
4. Each and every scene was 15mins long. And creative part is that, 1scene in German dialogues, the other scene in American dialogues.
5. The set, the design, costumes, art direction, and all the minute details were so just perfect, that one would actually feel that it’s the 1940’s era.
6. Performance given by all of them were just unblemished, especially by “Christophe Waltz” as ‘Col. Hans Landa’ who won as the Best Actor in the Cannes Film Festival.
7. The Music and the Background Score were simply very creative. They played very less in the whole film, most of the scenes were just with simply plain dialogues and with no music, but wherever they played, they hold it firmly there and played it very effectively. Amazing creativeness.
8. The flashback and the intercut sequence were also very creatively shown to the audience.
9. The last climax Jallianwala Baug scene, where all the German soldiers, Col’s, Majors and all the Nazi Officers burned lively in a one whole room of packed theatre.
Negative Point – Only One – Its length, the film length will surely distract one people minds.
Rest, it’s all a perfect movie which is a worth watch to everybody out there who are kind of deeply attached or having some type of interests in the film technicalities.
Rating: 4 / 5