The 'Best All-Round Achiever' of the college and composer of a very popular college anthem 'College Days', and now a rising star of bollywood music industry Gaurav Dagaonkar first time composed an Item Song which has become very popular. After giving powerful background score in "Gangs of Wasseypur" a very popular composer of Tamil and Telugu music industry G.V. Prakash Kumar who is making his Bollywood debut with Joker as a soundtrack composer. Apart from direction Shirish Kunder also penned the lyrics for the film.
Recommended Songs- Kafirana, Jugnu.
1. Album starts with a dhinchak track "Kafirana(I want just you)" sung by Sunidhi Chauhan & Adarsh Shinde, filmmakers changed the lyrics of the song “I want fakht you” to “I want just you” to avoid any unwanted reactions. “Fakht you” is actually a Marathi word, meaning “only you”. Gaurav Dagaonkar composed an archetypal marathi loop of beats, and used some desi instruments with marathi lyrics. Sunidhi sung extremely well. Nice!
2. "Jugnu" is a motivational track sung by Udit Narayan. Inspiring melody, wonderful chorus, soft beats, and pleasing singing of Udit Narayan used perfectly, amazing persuasive lyrics written by Shirish Kunder. Awesome whistle and string, simply this is the best track of the album. Very Nice!
3. "Sing Raja" sung by Daler Mehndi & Sonu Kakkar starts with merely flute and elctric guitar with drum kicks and claps which accelerates the track and give pace. Daler Mehndi & Sonu both sung very well, G.V. Prakash tried well but it's an average song.
4. "Yeh Joker" sung by Sonu Nigam & Shweta Pandit, track is suitable for the situation happens in the film but without any powerful impact, to feel the song you will have to watch the video or film and this is the one weakness, another weak point is synchronisation and melody which is not up to the mark. Sonu Nigam and Shweta Pandit both sung very well. Average!
5. The next soundtrack is an instrumental track "Tears of Joker" , Engaging sound of flute, delightful tune and soft string, filled with classical touch and tabla beautifully. Soft choir vocals and piano is amazing. Low sound of strings gives the pace after 02:07 min, sitar used brilliantly which accelerates tempo with classical chorus. Nice!
6. "Alien Arrival" is another instrumental soundtrack in the album and as the name indicates this is the sound of Arrival and must be powrful and mystical because it's about Aliean. Trumpet is one of the best instrument for this kind of soundtrack and used perfectly in the track, Terrific sound of trumpet and fantastic melody used very well with strings. After 01:30 min the track takes you to another world and it also reminds about James Horner's "Becoming One With Neytiri"(Avatar-2009), but Alien Arrival is totally different and a magnificent composition.
Music Director- G.V. Prakash Kumar & Gaurav Dagaonkar;
Lyricist- Shirish Kunder;
Rating- 3/5 ;
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --