Music Review Of "Khiladi 786" By Sumit Sharma.
It's a Big Blast Project!! Yes it is! After tremendous success of Housefull 2, Rowdy Rathore & Oh My God The Action King of Bollywood is back in his most famous Khiladi Avatar in Khiladi 786. The film marks the return of Akshay Kumar to his famous Khiladi film series after 12 years since he acted in Khiladi 420. Also after back to back hit albums like Dangerous Ishhq, Bol Bachchan, Oh My God!, and Son Of Sardar, Musical King Himesh Reshammiya is back with some very fresh, and rocking tracks. The album is full of engrossing, joyful and sonorous tracks with efficacious and egregious punch impact of Khiladi 786! A BIG HIT!
1. Album begins with a very plausible and amusing track "Lonely" Spectacularly rendered by Himesh Reshammiya, Yo Yo Honey Singh & Hamsika Iyer. Song starts with engrossing sound of Pungi/Hulusi with soft piano and joyful beats of Murasu. It's a fast beat track, himesh is back with his actual voice texture, Yo Yo Honey Singh's weighty rap and Hamsika Iyer's supportive vocals easily dissolves and make the song more joyous. Zestful Lyrics with catchy tune and arrangements becomes interesting when Himesh comprise Teri Yaad Sath Hai from his very popular song 'Teri Yaad Sath Hai'(Namasty London-2007). Nice!
2. "Balma" sung by Shriram & Shreya Ghoshal, as Akshay said, 'It's a mad, fun song and a small tribute to the great R.D. Burman'. You can feel the R.D. Burman's touch in the whole song, egregious beats, captivating arrangements of instruments and spanking singing easily takes you to 90's zone of full of diverting and galloping track. Shriram(Indian Idol-5 winner) & Shreya both have done good job. This item number has all the usual elements, the skimpily clad foreigner, the overzealous action hero, the sulking heroine but what's new is the legendary musician RD Burman's presence in the song. A blatant song with perfect masala elements!
3. "Long Drive" is another joyful and luxuriant composition brilliantly rendered by pop star Mika Singh. Himesh perfectly used Captivating sound of harmonium and electric guitar strumming on Hip Hop beats. Punjabi lyrics with haughty accent and musical arrangements reminds of Imran Khan's Amplifier(Unforgettable), also the catchy punch 'ni gaddi sadi behja ni jattiye, ni door tenu lehja, we adiye ' A vivacious track with catchy and sportful projection. Nice!
4. Himesh Reshammiya prettily maintains the feel of profound love in next track "Sari Sari Raat" sung by Himesh Reshammiya. It will imediately grasp your attention, song starts with very pleasurable music of strings, synth and soft drum kick loops. A picturesque composition with soulful lyrics and sonorous singing. Demulcent zone of the song primely helps to delineate the feelings of a true love with succulent and emotive lyrics euphonically rendered by Himesh.A melodious, ear soothing track! Recommended!
5. Woahh!! Frenzy and madness is on peak in next track, Yes! Now we have a song with full of intoxication "Hookah Bar" sung by Himesh Reshammiya, Vineet Singh & Aman Trikha. A rocking fast beat party track with full of foot tapping beats and plausible melody. Funky and energetic lyrics and extremely influential singing of HR, Vineet & Aman perfectly forge this song a flamboyant track. The song gonna hit the floor because of it's intense flair and engaging lyrics. A successful experiment by Himesh. Definitely a chartbuster!
6. "Khiladi (Title Track)" sung by Vineet Singh, Aman Trikha, Yashraj Kapil, Alam Gir Khan, Rajdeep Chatterjee, Finally we have the title track with thriving blend of addictive beats and efficacious lyrics. A perfect track to describe the character of Khiladi786(Akshay Kumar). People may think that it sounds like or similar to 'Hud Hud Dabangg'- Dabangg (2010), obviously the beats and the way of melody analogous to Hud Hud Dabangg. Vineet Singh, Aman Trikha, Yashraj Kapil, Alam Gir Khan & Rajdeep Chatterjee all have done tremendous job. It's a Phata Poster Nikla Hero kind of sturdy entry of Hero(Akshay Kumar), brilliantly shows the egregious, sinewy and doughty nature of Akshay Kumar. A Oaky Chartbuster!
7. "Tu Hoor Pari" sung by Javed Ali, Shreya Ghoshal, Chandrakala Singh & Harshdeep Kaur, it's a desi track with traditional punjabi musical arrangements. Himesh beautifully composed a lovely melody and perfectly used some traditional instruments like Tumbi, Dholki, Dhol in soft and sweet modus. Javed Ali and Shreya Ghoshal's mesmerizing vocals sounds very delectable, genteel combination of two very impactful and savory vocals of Harshdeep Kaur & Chandrakala Singh meticulously make the track more mirthful with decent and succulent lyrics. Very Nice!
8. "Remixes", If we are talking about Himesh's Album so how could we forget about Remix versions of original tracks, there are also some remix versions of some tracks Lonely (Remix) - Himesh Reshammiya, Honey Singh, Hookah Bar (Remix) - Himesh Reshammiya, Vineet, Long Drive (Bhangra Mix) - Mika Singh, Balma (Remix) - Shriram & Shreya Ghoshal, Khiladi (Remix) - Vineet Singh, Aman, Yashraj, and the best part is: all are very nice! If you love remix of Himesh's songs so enjoy these remixes also.
Music Director- Himesh Reshammiya;
Lyricist- Sameer, Shabbir Ahmed & Himesh Reshammiya ;
Rating- 4/5 ;
Recommended Songs- Lonely, Long Drive, Sari Sari Raat, Hookah Bar, Khiladi, Tu Hoor Pari.
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --