Music Review Of "Kick" By Sumit Sharma.
It's one of Bollywood's Most Awaited Films of 2014, and Himesh Reshammiya's another album this year for a Big Blast Project!! There is no doubt that when Salman Khan’s name is associated with a film, the expectations from the film sky-rocket and Kick is no exception to these expectations. Song 'Jumme Ki Raat' has already become popular and 'Hangover' is climbing the charts. Salman Khan rendered three songs for the film which is truly a musical treat for his fans. Meet Bros Anjjan, & Yo Yo Honey Singh also composed songs for the film. The album is a full of enjoyable, energetic, provocative and piquant tracks.
A Big Hit!
1. Album begins with a very plausible and amusing track "Jumme Ki Raat" Spectacularly rendered by Mika Singh & Palak Muchhal, It's a dhinchak plausible track with full of joyful beats and provocative musical arrangements. As the song released with efficacious entry of Bhai(Salman Khan) with phrase 'Bhai is finally here to make you groove on his new number', this is surely the most groovy and heartthrob number of the year. As we know Himesh surely deems the youth craving & depicture it with proper poise, Mika Singh & Palak Muchhal both have done tremendous job. A blatant song with perfect masala elements!
2. Woahh!! The biggest superstar of Bollywood Salman Khan himself is behind the mic this time for a very melodious romantic song "Hangover" sung by Salman Khan, Meet Bros Anjjan & Shreya Ghoshal. It will immediately grasp your attention, song starts with beautiful melody of violin, piano, and flute. A picturesque composition with soulful lyrics and sonorous singing. Salman Khan's emphatic vocals & soothing recital calmly fascinates your nous and Bhai's weighty style nicely describes zestful lyrics. Shreya Ghoshal's supportive vocals make song more delightful, she brilliantly rendered her part. Meet Bros Anjjan
again proved their flashy skills, and crafted a verily melodious and catchy composition. Definitely a chartbuster!
3. "Tu Hi Tu" is another melodious composition by Himesh Reshammiya euphoniously rendered by Mohd. Irfan. It's a very simple, soft & sweet romantic track. Demulcent zone of the song primely helps to delineate the feelings of a true love with succulent and emotive lyrics. Very soft musical arrangements of Kick-Snare section with pleasing piano, violin and strings. Reverb on Mohd. Irfan's vocal makes the song more impactful, most of the composers use his dry voice with low amount of reverb. It's another hit track by Himesh with Mohd. Irfan after "Dard Dilo Ke" -The Xpose(2014). Pleasurable lyrics and melody, an ear soothing track. Nice!
4. Yo Yo Honey Singh enters with next track "Yaar Naa Miley" sung by Yo Yo Honey Singh & Jasmine, a fast beat track with thriving blend of addictive beats and efficacious lyrics. The way Jasmine sung 'Tere bina Kick mujhe milti nahi ! ' is very captivating. Jasmine Sandlas's fresh & dominant voice hastily sustain your heed, Yo Yo Honey Singh's rap and singing is effective and he tried something new with way of singing, Yo Yo Honey Singh & Jasmine both have done great job.
A Oaky Chartbuster!
5. "Jumme Ki Raat (Part 1)" sung by Salman Khan & Palak Muchhal, Yes! bhai is again behind the microphone for this dhinchak track which is basically another version of "Jumme Ki Raat". Salman Khan sung the song brilliantly and made it more impactful. Musical arrangements and lyrics are same but you can feel Bhai's powerful effect in the song. A vivacious track with catchy and sportful projection. Nice!
6. "Tu Hi Tu (Reprise)" sung by Neeti Mohan, it's a female version of "Tu Hi Tu", some things are altered in this track, piano shifted to upper octave(D5), lyrics are changed. This version is more pleasing, Neeti Mohan thoroughly sung the song and her effective and savory vocals prettily delineate the feelings of a girl when she feels it and tells about her attraction towards her love, Neeti's soothing recital calmly fascinates your
nous and very softly sustain the lustrous perception of profound love. Benign!
7. Here we have another version of 'Hangover', "Hangover (MBA Swag)" sung by Meet Bros Anjjan, DJ Sumit Sethi & Prince, you can call it a remix version, Meet Bros Anjjan sung well, nice loop works in the background, it's an average track.
8. "Tu Hi Tu (Part 2)" sung by Salman Khan, this is another version of "Tu Hi Tu" and third song rendered by Salman Khan. Musical arrangements and lyrics are again same, Salman Khan's voice suits with some vocal effects and he decently sung the song. Nice!
9. "Remixes", Himesh Reshammiya's album without remix versions is like bottle without cap! :P yes cap, if you know what i mean ;) well, the revolution of remix version in Bollywood started with a baseball cap and Himesh Reshammiya's different way of singing, and now it became a trend. There are six remix songs in the album, Jumme Ki Raat - Part 1 (Remix) - Salman Khan & Palak Muchhal, Hangover (Remix) - Salman Khan, Meet Bros Anjjan & Shreya Ghoshal, Tu Hi Tu - Part 1 (Remix) - Mohd. Irfan, Jumme Ki Raat - Part 2 (Remix) - Mika Singh & Palak Muchhal, Tu Hi Tu (House Mix) - Neeti Mohan, Tu Hi Tu - Part 2 (Remix) - Salman Khan. All the versions are nice!
Music Director- Himesh Reshammiya (Track #1,3,5,6,8). Meet Bros Anjjan (#2,7). Yo Yo Honey Singh (Track #4);
Lyricist- Mayur Puri, Kumaar, Shabbir Ahmed & Yo Yo Honey Singh;
Rating- 4/5 ;
Recommended Songs- Hangover, Tu Hi Tu, Jumme Ki Raat.
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --