Girls and Govinda – 2 things to watch in 1 bad film.
The film is only watchable just because of Genelia, Prachi and ofcourse Govinda. Rumi Jaffery did it again by adding all the old time Bollywood clichés here.
The story was not only the thing, Fardeen and Tushaar were also the major cause for not to watch this film.
Ignoring the crack done by Fardeen and Tushar, I would like to add here some points about what went wrong.
• First half was fine and ok, but just after their marriages, everything goes wrong. Not only inside the story, but also inside our human brains.
• The fights and problems were too and over stretchy.
• Fardeen and Tushaar over react a lot. Waited for Govinda when the hell he would come on screen.
• Govinda was perfect, but I didn’t understood his character. How can a friend breaks his so close friends’ marriage and suggest him to file a divorce. For just because he is a divorce lawyer and “He” hates marriages.
• Genelia was perfect in her performance, but her character given off the interval was very unreal. How on earth any wife would could see her husband working in office also and cooking in home also and that to in so unmatured way.
• Apart from this how a person (Tushar’s Dad) could be so orthodox that to staying for so many years in a foreign country.
• And last but not least how a husband could tolerate his wife getting insulted every-a-time in front of the whole family.
The last four points were narrated in an so unrealistic way, that these things are not happening now-a-days when the world is now crossing over 21st century. And that to in the upper class society, where almost cent percent are so broad minded.
I would rate just Ok film to watch, just because of the performance given by Genelia, Prachi and Ofcourse Govinda.