Direction and Script –
1. Prem R Soni's debut holds a promise for future.
2. Script doesn't offer many ups and downs or dramatic situation like a usual Bollywood movie.
3. It could have been edited better like using more of 2shots/3shots or atleast Master instead of using close ups and close ups many a times.
4. Characterization could have been reworked as well.
5. Also he should have taken more caring while showing Dubai as Australia in some scenes.
The story: -
A feel good story which has got its own moments but still under developed. They could have worked more on this part.
1. Salman as struggling, romantic (usual childish act) was cool and was a treat to watch. He just rocks.
2. Kareena lives as Mrs. Khanna. She has matured a lot from the bubbly girl image.
3. Sohail is cute and his acting is controlled.
4. Priety Zinta was there just for a song but looks hot.
5. Deepika Padukone, in a surprise cameo, looks stunning.
6. Rest of the cast is OK.
Music & BGM:-
Music by Sajid - Wajid was good as per Romantic movie. The younger generation will like it. BGM suited the mood of the movie.
About the story:-
Rehna(Kareena) is an orphan who falls in love with Samir Khanna(Salman) and gets married to him against the wish of his parents. They are settled in Melbourne, Australia. When life takes a down stride Samir is left with no option but to send Rehna back home to Delhi and himself to leave to Singapore for getting a good job. Rehna when comes to know about his plan, stay back in Melbourne. It is her wait for Samir and what happens when another guy (Sohail as Akash) who loves Rehna, comes in between them.
How often we get to see Salman minus his childish histrionics? How often we get to see heroine not just limited for the glamour quotient? How often we get to see Sohail Khan doing a controlled acting. Not so often, right? Well apparently this film is the answer. A soft romantic melodrama without many ups and downs and still at the end leaves a smile on our face.
Over all an OK attempt from a first timer.
Rating: 2 / 5