I just don’t know why there is so much hype about this film that it’s so super and excellent and etc. I saw this film and I felt that it’s nothing that great about this film which need to be appreciated and applauded so much.
I have some points to share with you just because why I have felted so:
1. First of all I think so that this is the worst ever direction done by Karan Johar. I mean look at the film K3G, what sets, what locations, it was worth watching only for these and it was purely looking like what heavy jack of money is being spent. But in MNIK, what an idiotic sets were being made. Most of the locations were real, but when that scene comes where the Hurricane hits the Georgia and SRK goes there. Oh my god, what a funny sets was designed. Was not at all looking like KJ has designed it. Completely unreal sets and gave a very funny looks.
Another flaw I would like to share about KJ’s directorship is that when at the end of the scene, where SRK was tried to be killed and doctors were operating him to save his life and in the intercut scenes they were showing that new President has been elected and so on. I think that was a simply foolish put on. Intercuts can only be shown when the two scenes has similar contents, but here these two were totally different. Unimaginable what the team were thinking of.
2. Now my second point of about performances. People’s and peoples are giving comments that SRK was fabulous and he did and an extra ordinary performance. No doubt and I totally agree on that, SRK has done something speechless performance. But, I also would like add in this that, for SRK this was not at all a big deal to act. As per my knowledge, for “The SRK” this kind of role is like a sipping up a coffee during break hours. One is working very hard but during break hours, one sits, relaxing and sipping up a cup of coffee or tea. Similarly, SRK has worked hard in shooting hours, but I guess he must have done it in max 2 takes or so.
3. Third I would like to discuss about the chemistry. KJo has decided to cast the famous, his favorite and still also everybody’s favorite Jodi. It’s none other than SRK & Kajol. I think to launch these two together is a very tough job and had to be presented in a very proper manner as many-many are having great expectations on them. But after watching the film, what I felt that KJo has failed in it. The two famous has came together after a gap of nearly 9yrs. A big gap. Last seen in K3G which was again directed by KJo. There they were atleast looking very sweet together, but here, not even 10% of that. As heard, because of the date’s problem and all, in most of entire film they were seen not together.
4. Next one would be from the story point of view. As per my review headline, “it’s a good biography film which is being shown to us in a documentary way”. The whole movie was looking like some sought of documentary or biography something. SRK is on his way to meet the President of United States to just say that “My name is Khan and I am not a Terrorist”. And during his this journey, many flashbacks were being shown to us. Like about SRK’s Autism diseases, his childhood, his nature, his families, how he met Kajol, how they both fell in love with each other, what tragedy happens and after that tragedy why he is on his way to meet the President. After watching whole this chunk, I only felt that the story is very simple and presented in a very Ok manner. Some points were really not understandable. I mean first its being shown to us that SRK has many fears inside it, having lack of confidence, etc. and suddenly how that fear is being vanished at the end nobody’s know. At the end he argues with the terrorist, the only person gets the courage and self confidence to help the Georgia people, suddenly he gets those leadership qualities also, plus he also works a labor in roadside to earn something for travel and eating purpose.
5. Last I would like to say something about Music. I really didn’t expect this from the legend Shankar Ehsaan and Loy. As the background score and all is ok and good but the music of the film is totally not so entertaining. Although some songs are good to be listened but the final rating would be only 2 stars max. for the music.
6. Still I liked something from the movie. The scene where Kajol proposes SRK for the marriage and how SRK blushes. Simply very sweet and very cute. Also from the content wise how SRK goes to Georgia specially to see somebody and how he helps them and by getting inspired from them how everybody the common comes forward to help them. As a content wise, it give us so beautiful message that for helping somebody you need a hand from somebody. You just start helping, everybody will give you their hand automatically. Beautiful!
It’s an Ok time to watch once, but as per my suggestion not in theatres.
2 / 5