Tuneful Soundtrack Of Musical Nautanki.
Music Review Of "Nautanki Saala" By Sumit Sharma.
In India Nautanki is a traditional & popular form of Drama comprises songs, dances and significant dialogs. Rohan Sippy's Nautanki Saala is a romantic comedy which comprises all these elements, Ayushmann Khurrana who made a successful debut with Vicky Donor, is now set to sing again after his superhit debut song 'Pani Da Rang', and sung two romantic songs for the film. Various music composers have made compositions in the album like popular Pakistani singer Falak, Rashid Khan, Rochak Kohli & Ayushmann Khurrana, Mikey McCleary is back with some splendid compositions and splendid reformed versions, also very gorgeous and talented actress Saba Azad is singing a song and 'X Factor India' winner Geet Sagar is making his debut as a singer in Bollywood with this film. Indubitably the expectations are sky high from the movie as well as its music. The soundtrack is truly noteworthy and a commixture of delightful melodies, sumptuous & scrumptious tracks and some Oaky Chartbusters. A BIG HIT!
1. Album begins with an ear soothing and garish romantic melody "Mera Mann Kehne Laga" mildly rendered by popular Pakistani singer Falak Shabir. Song starts with blissful loops of pleasing guitar and catchy accordion, Falak Shabir's sweet humming and supple voice texture is the heart of the track, Falak's mellifluously driven vocals with soft musical arrangements forge very graceful ambience of amiable profound love. A lovely petal soft romantic track with eloquent lyrics and canorous descant, the best part is Falak's mesmerizing vocal and his promising performance, a truly melodious composition by Falak Shabir. Enchanting!
2. After a superhit chartbuster track 'Pani Da Rang' - Vicky Donor(2012) Ayushmann Khurrana is back with another succulent song "Saadi Galli Aaja" sung by Ayushmann Khurrana & Neeti Mohan. Song is written in Punjabi, very beautiful lyrics penned by Kausar Munir. Song picks softly with Neeti Mohan's melliferous vocals, Ayushmann Khurrana euphoniously rendered the song. Rochak Kohli & Ayushmann Khurrana prittily sustain their engaging genre and well cherished the susceptibility, it's a very supple and demulcent melody sonorously crafted on magnificent acoustic guitar, soft drum kicks and tender vocals. Neeti Mohan's transcendent supportive vocals lightly flow through lower notes & forges listenable timbre. A definite appealing & captivating track. Chartbuster!
3. "Dhak Dhak", it's a reinvented version of 'Dhak Dhak Karne Laga' - Beta (1992) nicely rendered by Geet Sagar, Bruno Carvalo & Santosh Sawant. Yes! it's that Dhak Dhak Karne Laga song which earned Madhuri Dixit her nickname as the Dhak-Dhak Girl, Mikey McCleary is also popular and known because of his amusing and enthralling versions of old hit songs, and this time he again worked magic through this track. It's not easy to maintain the same naughty touch and seductive expressions but Geet Sagar, Bruno Carvalo & Santosh Sawant all have done fantastic job and sung very well. Flashy!
4. Woahh!! The compositions are getting better and better and this is the freshest one, "Tu Hi Tu" sung by Ayushmann Khurrana. It's an emphatic romantic track, sweeping vaudevillian music and Ayushmann's terrific singing, Mikey McCleary has composed a truly magnificent song. Song starts with catchy plucked string, fetching violin and soft musical arrangements of Goblet drum(Darbuka), collaborative sound of strings & trumpet Mikey McCleary used everything very prodigiously in a exquisite way. Lyrics are also very efficacious, it's simply awesome. Must Listen!
5. After four totally different tracks we have a situational song "Draamebaaz" sung by Geet Sagar. It thoroughly suits on the facetious story of Nautanki Saala and lyrics delineate the ethos of the characters and their life. 'X Factor India' winner Geet Sagar is behind the mic and he sung really well in very gleeful guise, simple loops of hard drum kicks and trumpet maintain the pace with chorus humming wo.. ho.. ho... ho ho... it's a joyful situational track.
6. Now we have a solemn track "Sapna Mera Toota" sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Aftab Hashim Sabri & Suzanne Dmello. The song is weighty blend of soulful elements mingled with expressive lyrics and manifestation. Finally Rahat Fateh Ali Khan is back after a very long time with a muffled touching track. Soft sound of drum kicks and claps with slow guitar and mellow flute very softly creates an emotive ambience fraught by soreness & contend. The qawali segment by Aftab Hashim Sabri is also very fascinating which takes the song to different region, Suzanne Dmello's little timbre is nice, this is another situational song altogether. Nice!
7. "Dil Ki Toh Lag Gayi" sung by Saba Azad, this song perfectly shows Saba Azad's charming singing skills. Mikey McCleary readily forge a jazz bartender song without using typical elements and instruments and shows evincive excerpts. Saba Azad grotesquely holds the mic and sung stunningly. Lyrics are also very meaningful and depictures multifarious ethos of a girl in a very comical manner. Engrossing!
Ladki..taka tak hot hai, Tequila shot hai..
Dil ki toh lag gayi..
Lumbretta si lagi, Farratte se chale..
Dil ki toh lag gayi..
Ladki..lambada dance hai, Rumba romance hai..
Dil ki toh lag gayi..
Cinema ki hai dua, Mugamboo khush hua..
Dil ki toh lag gayi..
8. Get ready for Mikey McCleary's another astounding song "So Gaya Yeh Jahan" sung by Nitin Mukesh, it's another reinvented version of 'So Gaya Yeh Jahan' - Tezaab (1988) by Mikey McCleary and this time he nicely crafted the music through surf rock guitar and hard drum & claps. Very nice and successful experiment.
9. "Mera Mann Kehne Laga (Reprise)" sung by Falak Shabir, it's another version of 'Mera Mann Kehne Laga'. Falak changed the way of singing slightly while the musical arrangements makes the song utterly exceptional. Soft drum kicks, snaps, and acoustic guitar and subsidiary piano create a refreshing ambience totally different from the original one. Nice!
10. "Saadi Galli Aaja (Unplugged)" sung by Ayushmann Khurrana & Neeti Mohan, so many things are altered now and here we have a different version of Saadi Galli Aaja. The basic loops and music is now altered through instruments, harmony guitar is the main part of this song confluent distinct portions, while mouth organ, accordion and string worked as supportive elements. Track has one big advantage, the clean sound of pleasing vocals of Neeti Mohan & Ayushmann. Nice!
11. Here we have another version of Mera Mann Kehne Laga, "Mera Mann Kehne Laga (Female)" sung by Tulsi Kumar. Tulsi sung very well, Falak's humming is also a part of this track, music is different from all of