FANTABULOUS!!! & 4 Stars – But only for the AB’s Performance!
As we all know, this is a very rare Father-Son, Son-Father story. But only in terms of reality as Small B & Big B, and in terms of the characters, Father-Small B & Son-Big B. The story part is not so rare, but somewhat common, highly predictable with the some new concept, and not to forget with some Exra-Ordinary & Fantabulous Performance given by the none other than – Mr. Amitabh Bachchan.
It’s simple and can be explained in just few lines.
Abhishek and Vidya had an affair in their college days, Vidya got pregnant, Abhsihek said No to Baby and Yes to Career, Vidya left Abhishek, had an baby, unfortunately baby is suffering from one rare disease “Progeria” where mentally the kids are normal but physically they grow 7 to 8 times as compare to normal. In such case kids live upto max 12-14yrs of age. Now Auro is at the most of his 12yrs of age, ready to die, knows everything, even the past about his Paa (Small B), and at the end just had one wish that their parents get re-united.
1. Major One – Big B’s Speechless Performance. My comment: Not even for a single second you will think while watching this movie that this little Auro is actually none other than “Big B”. He is the real Baadshah and deserves an Oscar for this. We all should be Proud for having such a fascinating actor, and We Are Actually!
2. The new concept of “Progeria” is also another plus point for the extremely highly gained success which they have achieved.
3. And the last one would be the some part of the story, some great scenes, and lastly Auro’s dialogues and his way of dialogue delivering.
You would say, what would be the minus points in this such a great film? But if you see technically and logically, there are a few, but ofcourse that can be obviously neglected.
As for the minus points to be shared I would like to just present some questions, for which the answers of this I had still can’t figured out.
1. If the doctor said that the these kinds children’s are normal as mentally and abnormal only in the physical wise, then why Auro was understanding everything like a mature 25 or 26 of age? The “Hichki” sequence, baby born pre marriage sequence, and just etc. At one point of time he is understanding everything, and at other point of time he has been showed as the 5yrd old child in rating plus one minus one to rate his Paa, Childishly waiting to go for Parliament, and etc.
2. Why the story was entirely focused on How Auro has discovered his known Paa? And in the only last 15mins how Auro is wishing that their parents get reunited.
3. And lastly, why there was a need to prolong the so interesting scenes and sequences? (A bit I would say). The last sequence in which Abhishek is pleading and Vidya saying No-No, the whole Parliament issue, also the whole Politics issue, and the whole past Vidya-Abhishek affair. In all this sequences, I felt there was a little bit of stretchy in the screenplay point of view, by which for the only reason I took many breaks while watching the movie.
These all minus points are not so important, but also quite logically true which at the end can obviously be neglected.
My favorite scenes: (Actually many are there, but writing which are special)
1. The White Globe Sequence. (Creative)
2. The Doordarshan Interview Sequence. (Worth Watch & Eye Sparkling)
3. Auro saying to his Paa “Peehcli se Peechli se Peechli galti” and then pointing to himself. (Very Emotional)
4. Abhishek accepting his mistake and proposing to Vidya in front of the whole media. (Proves a true and honest leader)
5. The small little girl (friend of Auro) showing the picture of Auro, written as “Sorry”.
6. The small little girl says, “Joh galti karta hain, who galti sehne wale se zyada hurt hota hain” and then the smile on Auro’s face. (What a Teaching)
No rent, nothing. Buy the movie when it comes in the market and publicize everybody about this movie.