Music Review Of "Race 2" By Sumit Sharma.
Impact of blockbuster suspense thriller and biggest Bollywood hit of 2008 can be seen yet. People are curious to watch Race 2 which is the sequel to the 2008 hit film, Race. Race Saanson Ki, Pehli Nazar Mein, Zara Zara Touch Me, Khwab Dekhe, all these songs of Race were huge chartbusters. The expectations from the film & it's music sky-rocket and Race 2 is no exception to these expectations. If we compare the soundtrack of Race 2 with Race, the album is Average, but you will decidedly relish it and some tracks flatly gonna hit the floor.
1. Album begins with a foot tapping party track "Party On My Mind" rendered by KK, Shefali Alvares & Yo Yo Honey Singh. It's a fully rollicking song with superb commingled galloping excerpts like engaging lyrics, vigorous recital mingled with imposing musical arrangement of hard drum kicks, claps, guitar and emphatic effects. Pritam nicely used the charming combo of glaring vocals of KK, Shefali Alvares affined with a little servo rap by Yo Yo Honey Singh. Nice!
A little engaging segment(Lyrics) of the song -
Meri aankhon me hai bling
Aur dil ko lag gayi wing
Baby I'm just gonna sing
Let's party on my mind,
Karti hai humko tease
Ye halki halki breeze
Baby going to yourself to ease
Let's party on my mind;
2. "Be Intehaan" sung by Atif Aslam & Sunidhi Chauhan, it's a pure romantic track which concatenate the sensation and romanticism of a couple in a lovely way. Sunidhi Chauhan's supple vocals lightly flow through lower notes paired with Atif Aslam's sonorous vocals. The everlasting soul-sauntering efficacy is simply delectable for ears, Pritam surely deems the youth craving & depicture it with proper poise. Soft drum kicks and comfy guitar prettily maintain the fluctuations of timbre. Must Listen!
3. AaHaa..!! Blast off, it's party time! After umpteen blockbuster party tracks Pritam brought another Exuberantly lively and amusing song "Lat Lag Gayee" spectacularly rendered by Benny Dayal & Shalmali Kholgade. The splendent pair of Benny Dayal & Shalmali Kholgade is just perfect for this awesome track and both have done tremendous job. Pritam exhaustively used each part of the song, especially the Pump organ, and the outset. The piece begins with a distorted vocal section, using voice-altering techniques, fetching lyrics penned by Mayur Puri makes the song more alluring. Definitely A Chartbuster!
4. Pritam proudly sustain the combat of obstinate ambience of thrilling Race in next track "Allah Duhai Hai" sung by Atif Aslam, Vishal Dadlani, Anushka Manchanda, Ritu Pathak & Michie One. The rare combination of the most famed maestros like Atif Aslam, Vishal Dadlani, Anushka Manchanda, Ritu Pathak & Michie One is the exceptional part of the song, every singer has a prelude to portray the intend of the song. Song is a blend of signature harmony of Race Series from the song 'Race Saanson Ki' - Race(2008) and new tune, which starts with Sunidhi Chauhan's deformed harsh vocals through phaser sound effect. Flashy sound of electric violin is another good part in the song which covers the chronic tune. All the vocalists sung expressively. Very Nice!
5. "Be Intehaan (Unplugged)" is the reformed version of Be Intehaan sung by Rahul Vaidya. The song is verily phonic, tender piano and entrancing cello very softly collaborate Rahul Vaidya's pleasing vocals. You would love to listen to this beautiful track on loop. Reposeful!
6. "Remixes", There are three Remix versions and a Mashup -
"Party On My Mind (Remix)" sung by KK, Shefali Alvares & Honey Singh [D.J. Jay Dabhi], Likeable!
"Be Intehaan (Remix)" sung by Atif Aslam & Sunidhi Chauhan [D.J. Suketu Feat Aks], Catchy!
"Allah Duhai Hai (Remix)" sung by Atif Aslam, Anushka Manchanda, Ritu Pathak & Michie One, Mediocre!
"Race 2 (Mashup)" by DJ Kiran Kamath, K.K. Atif Aslam, Vishal Dadlani, Flaming!
Music Director- Pritam Chakraborty;
Lyricist- Mayur Puri, Prashant Ingole;
Rating- 3.5/5 ;
Recommended Songs- Party On My Mind, Be Intehaan, Lat Lag Gayee, Be Intehaan (Unplugged).
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --