Once gain Amitabh’s name is Vijay and Once again RGV has taken up some hard hitting subject.
This particular period is actually very crucial period for Ram Gopa Verma. By giving flops after flops, I guess many of his close friends would have suggested him to retire now. But he is the man who has given us films like Rangeela, Satya, Company, Sarkar, and many more. He was famous in showing the Underworld stories; he also got famous in showing the politics of our India through film; and now once again he had given us a good film related the competition and the truth behind the media, news and news channel. RGV has a very good luck that he is still delivering us one good film through the series of his flop films. And by that means, we can only say that RGV’s “Rann” is not over yet!
Story and screenplay of the film is very interesting, though there are some lop holes and loose scenes during the first half, but as soon as the second half would begun, you will definitely forget about the loop holes till the end.
A fight between two leading news channels; One is owned by Amitabh and the second one is owned by Mohnish Behl. Mohnish’s news channel in a number one position, and Amitabh’s was in a Second one, however before few years Mohnish was just an employee working Under Amitabh’s channel. Mohnish was giving entertainment more and less news, whereas Amitabh was having his strict principle that News channel are only meant for giving news and presenting fact. Ritesh Deshmukh is a big fan of Amitabh, considering him as his Idol and sooner joins Amitabh’s firm. Sudeep as Jay Mailk plays the son of Amitabh and is highly desperate that his company would be on No.1. Paresh Rawal is a corrupt politician, whereas Alok Nath as Digvijay Hooda is a trustworthy Prime Minister and very dedicated to the country.
Now Paresh Rawal plays a game plan against Alok Nath, in which he decided to use Sudeep with the help of Rajat Kappor, who is a Big Industrialist and also a family member of Amitabh. And this all of them including the son of Amitabh had cheated Amitabh, used him and presented him a wrong fact against Digvijay Hooda. Sooner Paresh Rawal succeeded in his game plan and everything was going on smoothly until and unless our reporter Ritesh Deshmukh smelled something fishy. He investigated further, shocked to see the facts, presented facts to Amitabh, and the rest is cmilmax.
1. Excellent screenplay in the second half.
2. Performance by all of them, right from Paresh Rawal to Ritesh Deshmukh, Amitabh Bachchan to Sudeep, everybody.
3. Ramu’s direction was good.
4. Music was powerful.
5. And last but not least, a good film given by RGV after a long time.
1. The major one was the Cinematography. What kind of angle he was talking, what kind of shot he was taking, totally irritative and totally brain torturing, especially in the last speech given by AB.
2. The other one can be said as the loose script or screenplay in the first half, where un-necessarily the scenes were getting prolonged.
3. Although the climax was good at par, but the last scene where AB gives out the speech was little bit of stretchy.
Rann is a good film to watch directed by none other than RGV. And once gain I would say, Ram Gopal Verma’s Rann is not over yet in the film industry!
3.5 / 5