1. Amazing visual effects, enhanced by Avatar-quality REAL 3D.
2. Incredible electronic sound track with everything from hardcore break-beats to industrial rock remixes.
3. Precise combat choreography.
4. Ridiculous over-the-top action set pieces.
5. Interesting editing, with creative transitions between scenes.
6. Hot babes.
7. Hordes of zombies.
8. Lots of video game references, especially to Resident Evil 5.
1. Flimsy story, with more than a few glaring plot holes.
2. One-dimensional characters.
3. Some bad costume design choices, like the poorly-fitted Chris Redfield jumpsuit (shudder).
4. Some boring set design, like the huge empty white room at the end.
5. Flat meaningless dialog, typical of action films.
6. Predictable "all the main characters live" movie ending.
Overall, I didn't expect much from Afterlife, but I was pleasantly surprised! It stands next to Avatar as a groundbreaking achievement in 3D cinema.
Rating: 3.75 / 5