Now just imagine, you had worked whole day, and at the night when you come at home, after having your dinner and a nice bath, before sleeping onto your bed somebody in your family would do a champi of tel maalish in your head. Now just tell how would u feel that moment? Exactly the same feeling one would feel after watching this film. In short this film is sweet, light hearted and at the end you would feel just simply relaxed!
Very simple and sweet! Abhay Deol is into his father’s business that makes and sells their own product of hair oil. Abhay didn’t like this type of work, and so finally one fine day he got one opportunity to do something change. He had to drive a Truck from one corner to another corner to deliver an old film projector or something to one museum, which was being used to show the cinema in older days through inside the truck only, can be called as “Mobile Car Cinema”. While driving, Abhay gave a lift to a small boy, Mohd. Faisal Usmani, who was very smart and was working at some dhaba. Now as the truck was also old it stopped in the middle of nowhere. Now here came the entry of Satish Kaushik as a car mechanic. He repaired that old truck but only on one condition and soon he also joined in the journey. Later one village girl as banjaran, Tannishtha Chatterjee, also joined the journey because of one reason. And at the end they all parted their own ways by giving us one small message.
Story and the screenplay of the film written by Dev Benegal, is very sweet, simple and light hearted. But just to add one small little point here that, this movie is watchable for only to those people who loves cinema and appreciate all kind of cinema. In short, all hard-core cinema lovers would find it average kind of movie.
Direction by Dev Benegal is again simple and decent, as he is always and delivering it the same. His prior films “English August” (1994) & “Split Wide Open” (2000) were again simple and easy going film, in general meant for to be relax. So now after almost a decade, i.e. after a long 10yrs, Mr. Dev Benegal entered in the industry and again sparkled by his magic of simplicity in the story in our current cinema.
1. First of all, the length of the film. Only 1hr 37mins, which is very perfect with this kind of story and screenplay. Otherwise, the film would become very stretchy and bore.
2. Performance by all, including that small little boy, Mohd. Faisal Usmani were simply amazing. Abhay awas good as always, Satish Kaushik was terrific & Tannishtha delivered very original.
3. Music by Michel Brook was super and by hearing only its getting come to know that its being given by some foreign crew.
4. The story idea or the theme of the movie, which Dev Benegal has connected it with Cinema and Mela is simply amazing. And the way it’s being shown us is even more amazing and eye sparkling.
1. Major one, it’s not for all masses, so it will be not be appreciated by all.
2. Also for the cinema lovers it would be average for them, as there are many loop holes in the screenplay which does not stand for entertainment, but it does stand for something new.
Go for this trip if you want to experience some new kind of cinema in a very simplistic way.
2.5 / 5