It's Himesh Reshammiya's another album this year of most awaited film after his back to back hit albums Dangerous Ishhq, Bol Bachchan and Oh My God!, So we can expect some good songs from this album, some songs are very soulful and savory, some are goluptious and some are average.
1. Album starts with a full on Punjabi flavoured track "Son Of Sardaar" sung by Aman Trikha & Himesh Reshammiya. Song starts with funny version of Kabhi Kabhi poem (Amitabh Bachchan) narrated by Ajay Devgn. A very simple and typical punjabi track of bollywod to introduce Punjabi People(Sardar). The song is inspired by 'Desi Beat' (Bodyguard-2011) also composed by Himesh Reshammiya. Himesh wanted to change the impact of the song and he brilliantly used a fine loop of electric guitar and drum kicks. Desi lyrics, Punjabi beats and simple melody all are average. Aman Trikha sung very well. Average!
2. Himesh is back with his fetching touch and plausible composition in next track "Rani Tu Mein Raja" sung by Mika Singh, Bhavya Pandit & Yo Yo Honey Singh. Song starts with fantastic rap by Yo Yo Honey Singh and takes the song to finest level, Desi loops and band baaja with catchy arrangements perfectly fits on funny and facetious lyrics. Another best part is Mika Singh & Bhavya Pandit's marvelous vocals and they both have done superb job. A very catchy and gleeful track, video is also a plus point with Sonakshi Sinha's awesome desi dance and colorific locations. Must Listen!
3. Salman Khan is all set to grove with Ajay Devgn and Sanjay Dutt in next track "Po Po " sung by Vikas Bhalla, Aman Trikha & Himesh Reshammiya. Average melody like typical indipop bhangra number, again with punjabi instruments and tadka of dhol and dhin chak beats. Lyrics are also average, track is full of irritating content. Very nasty and hateful composition.
4. We have another stuffy and a very bad song "Tu Kamaal Di Kudi" with same punjabi tadka sung by Vineet Singh & Mamta Sharma. If the composition is not good, singers can't do anything, Vineet Singh & Mamta Sharma tried well but the composition is very bad. Lyrics, melody, musical arrangements everything is very Irritating and boring.
5. Finally we have a nice track "Bichdann" sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, it's a sad song with classical Indian and Sufi touch, Song is inspired by song Kya Jeena - Aap Ka Suroor(Movie) also composed by Himesh Reshammiya. The only similarity between the songs is Sa Re Ga Pa Ga Pa.., Ga, Sa.. Dha., Ma Ga Re Sa, Sa Re Ga Pa Ga Pa...(Kya Jeena) when the song begins, but the Bichdann is basically plotted on that small loop with some changes. Ajay Devgn again conveys some lines with sad feel, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan thoroughly sung the song, lyrics are also soulful and efficacious. Very nice!
6. "Yeh Jo Halki Halki Khumariya" sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, a romantic track with a little Sufi feel and qawwali touch. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's magical voice is the only good part of the song, otherwise this is also an average composition.A very nice experiment by Sajid-Wajid, they prettily mixed the tabla, dholak and electric guitar with sufi-qawwali feel and pleasing lyrics. Nice track but it's an experimental song so it depends on you(listeners) to Like or Dislike the track!
7. "Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein Yeh Sawaal Aata Hai (Funk)" is a promotional version of the Kabhi Kabhi poem with punjabi tadka and strength of Sardars recited by Ajay Devgn. Track is used as background score in first promo of the film which clearly shows the importance and value of Sardar and defines the world without Sardar. Very funny but interesting lyrics with funky and peppy beats with proper dhol and desi instruments. Ajay Devgn have done spanking job. Nice!
"Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein Yeh Sawaal Aata Hai (House Trance)" is another version of Kabhi Kabhi Funk version, perfectly remixed with some extra effects that makes the track better. Nice One! There are also some remix versions of these songs and all are sparkling and rocking and also different from their original version. So enjoy the remix also.
8. "Bichdann (Reprise)" sung by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, a very soft and rock balled track with impressive kicks and claps. Himesh always gives some fresh and hit remix of his songs and this reprise version is another magnificent track. Recommended!
Music Director- Himesh Reshammiya (Song # 1,2,3,4,5) , Sajid, Wajid (Song # 6) & Sandeep Chowta (Song # 7);
Lyricist- Sameer, Shabbir Ahmed, Irshad Kamil & Manoj Yadav ;
Rating- 3/5 ;
Recommended Songs- Rani Tu Mein Raja, Bichdann, Yeh Jo Halki Halki Khumariya.
For latest updates and Exclusive Music Reviews you can also visit --