It’s good to see that our industry is having such talented persons and these talented persons are experiencing new talents in various fields. Chandan Arora has experienced in the field of Screenplay Writer and Producer. He started his career as an Editor and had edited many hit films like Company, Jungle, etc. Later he also came into the directorship field and had directed only two films up till now which were unfortunately super duper flops; Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hoon (2003) & Main meri Patni aur Woh (2005). Now after a gap of complete five years, he not only directed the film but also written and produced the film. The film called “Striker”. What an extra-ordinary and untouched subject, with a good screenplay, plus with the fabulous performances.
The whole story is based on a Carrom board gambling business. Where people play carrom’s, bet on that from the amount of thousands to lakhs to crores, and just gamble on that.
Write and the Director explaining you the whole story from the life of the one boy (Siddharth), who was staying with his family in the area called Malvani (Mumbai). His brother was very fond of playing Carrom and was also good at it. One fine day he co-incidentally entered in the world Carrom gambling and had lost the game because of lack of confidence. Later when both the brothers grown up, and by some unwanted situations Siddharth entered into the world of Carrom gambling and his whole life turned upside down when he met one of the local gangster named Jaleel bhai (Aditya Pancholi), who was also running the whole gambling business in Malvani. Later many twists and turns came in the life of Siddharth, which came to a tragic ending in the last.
1. Siddharth’s mind blowing and fabulous solo performance. His way of dialogue delivering, the attitude of angry young man, having super guts and confidence while playing his character, and just everything was so just fuperrr convincing.
2. Though Aditya Pancholi came after a long time, almost after a gap of 6yrs (Last acted in Musafir – 2004, Starring Anil Kappor, Sanjay Dutt & Sameera Reddy); he was just tremendous and incredible in his part of role as Jaleel Bhai. His dialogue delivering and his attitude in the role was fuperrr convincing. Would like to see him more in any upcoming films.
3. Story, Screenplay and the Directorship done by the talented Chandan Arora.
4. Music by the various artistes was amazing.
5. Characterizations and with respect to that all the characters have performed their roles in a very fuperrr way.
1. Though the screenplay was good but was not upto the mark to be called as out-standing. Some portions were a bit of stretchy and lengthy.
2. In the later second half, the peak was slowed down and as a result it was looking like the story is being prolonging.
A definite must watch for one time. Bravo for Siddharth and Aditya Pancholi; and two thumbs up for the all rounder Mr. Chandan Arora.